Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever used the Spiral Eyed Needle?? >

Has anyone ever used the Spiral Eyed Needle??

Has anyone ever used the Spiral Eyed Needle??

Old 10-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for all the info! I will have to get some of these for myself! :)
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Google Goddess

wow, lots of information, just found this thread tonight as Holice was talking about it that the inventer of the spiral eyed needle had posted on this thread

I haven't seen the spiral eyed needle
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 PM

I have one of these, which I found at the MN Quilt Show last June. It works so much better than the other style of easy threading needle I'd used previously. Since you thread it from the side, the thread stays in the eye and doesn't pull out like it did with the other style, where you pull the thread thru the end of the eye. With the other style, it was frustrating to use, since one or both of the threads would come out of the eye when I was pulling the thread thru the fabric to hide a knot.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:58 AM

I use them and they are great!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Banned

I am using the needle now for burying knots. While they are pricy, I brelieve the price is worth it in the time and frustration saved in trying to thread hand needles. I am using the largest size for this although I have all three sizes. I machine quilted a 49"x61" quilt with the shell pattern (Baptist Fan design) so there are dozens of tails to be buried. The Spiral needle sure makes it faster and easier.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:12 AM

Going out today to see if I can find them.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:28 AM

[quote=PamTurner]Oh, also, to explain the cost I have to ask you to forget it is a needle and think of it as a solution. Needles are all made cheaply overseas, plated with nickel and made by low wage earners. My needles are made in Minnesota where the shop time is $75/hr. It was a political/emotional choice I made to have my needles made in the US. The down side is the cost.

For this reason I change my opinion, I support anyone making a concious decision to have a product made in the USA, I Will pay extra when I know this is the case!!!!! Thank you for keeping your bussines in Amarica.

Rae, Proud American

PS
I know there are members from other countries on this board, I mean no disrespect . I am sure you feel the same about your country. I just feel moved to stand up when I ,as a low to middle class American see good people like my dad who is fast approaching 70 yrs continue to have to go to work in the factory every day. I will get off my soapbox, I just wanted to explain a little since We have members from other Countries, that I mean no disrespect.
Rae