Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ordered from Sauder's Fabrics??

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I placed an order August 28 and still haven't received it.

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said they were swamped with orders b/c of the sale.

Just wondering here........
    Thanks,
    Sue

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    There was another post here earlier this month that said they have so many orders that it can be a long wait. Do a search on this topic and you should find out more.

I did a search a couple of days ago but nothing comes up.

Blog Entries
    I just got my shipment last Friday. I think I ordered on 8/28 also.

I forgot what I ordered LOL :D
    Thanks, AuntPiggylpn- I'm sure I'll get it soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I forgot what I ordered LOL :D
    Thanks, AuntPiggylpn- I'm sure I'll get it soon.
    Have you gotten an email invoice from them yet? (luckily I had printed out my order as I had forgotten what I ordered too!) I got mine about 5 days before the shipment arrived!

No, I haven't heard a word. I should have printed it.
    But now I'll be surprised hahaha :)

Edit- Oh- I see what you mean. Hmmm.......

Blog Entries
    what is their website address? i cannot find one for them.

I ordered something in August and received it about 3 weeks later. They are very slow. I've ordered twice from them and slow both times.

yes, i also ordered something in August. I emailed them about the order last week and got an apologetic response that said they hired extra help to get all the orders filled, and that my order would ship by Monday or Tuesday.

They have just about caught up from the big sale and are gradually adding inventory back to their site.

Blog Entries
    I receive their newsletter. Last week they stated that they are really behind on filling orders and working as fast as possible.

Blog Entries
    I used to purchase a lot of fabric from them via their website. I just checked it out, it isn't what it used to be. You can only order what the specials are. They used to offer all their inventory on line. I have been to their stores and they have tons of fabric.
    The original owners were Amish. Now it is owned by someone else and they have changed everything.

I've only bought from the brick and mortar store - not online. I think most of the ladies that work there now are Menonite. And they are not open on Sunday's and I don't think evenings so that probably puts a crimp in their style as well.

Note to self......avoid Sauder Fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrow99
    Note to self......avoid Sauder Fabrics.
    I've been following Herb's blog with the updates. I truly feel like he is trying to make this website a more pleasant shopping experience from people that order from them. There were previous issues when they had the store fabrics on the online site. The yardage counts weren't correct and so when someone ordered thru the website, there were problems with having the correct inventory on hand. This last sale was freaking huge! 50% off the entire website! I can only imagine the huge number of people that ordered during that sale. And the time it takes to pull the fabrics, cut them and package them for each and every order. I don't think it is fair to judge them during this time of transition. I haven't heard any complaints prior to this huge sale. I think they should be commended for trying to fix a frustrating problem and taking such a loss to empty things out so they can start fresh. I will be giving them another shot. Unless you ordered fabrics that you needed within a few days, then I don't think the the extended wait was so terrible. There were warnings put up on the website that shipping times would be extended during this huge sale due to the large volume of orders. If fabrics were needed quickly, then an email to them would probably gotten your order on its way to you quicker.

I think I read on their own website some time ago that Z&S was no longer affiliated with the parent stores of Zooks and Sauders.

I had ordered from them before no problem, however they did state in a email that they are behind in shipping.
    Give thema a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
    I've only bought from the brick and mortar store - not online. I think most of the ladies that work there now are Menonite. And they are not open on Sunday's and I don't think evenings so that probably puts a crimp in their style as well.
    Two stores (Zooks and Sauders, hence ZandSFabrics) are very wonderful places to not only visit, but their lines of fabric are top notch. They very recently posted on their web site that the response to their site was overwhelming. It caused a huge backlog of orders, so much so that they are now going through a major revision of how they operate their site and how they post items available on it. I know the people who own Sauders and they are absolutely wonderful people. Theirs was a two-fold issue: 1) the addition of a web site brought in an amazing amount of business and 2) the new business flooded them. I would suggest anyone who is thinking of ordering from them take a moment and read their message on their web site on what they are doing to better accommodate their customers. I wish many more businesses would operate like they do. It is why my wife and I drive almost 2 hours to shop in their stores.

Terry - in Northern Delaware (my wife's favorite quilting enabler)

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    I went to the website and they have hardly any fabric there! either they are REALLLY small or we need to send them some stash!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    dbl post

Blog Entries
    I was at Sauder's last week and the people there are working frantically! Everyone was hopping. Remember - that area was hit hard by the flooding (had to take a detour because of a damaged bridge) and they're probably trying to get caught up. Just looking at the overflow the creeks made me shiver.

Hope this helps - lots of businesses in PA as well as people had lots of cleanup to do.

:)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrio
    I went to the website and they have hardly any fabric there! either they are REALLLY small or we need to send them some stash!
    They took their website down after the huge blowout sale to start with a clean slate. They are working really hard at getting it (the website) filled back up so shoppers will have a pleasant and efficient shopping experience with them. Like someone else posted, read their website.

You can check them out on facebook and they have the email address to mail Herb. They claim they are sending out gift cards to a bunch of people who had problems with their orders. I have ordered a couple times when they had sales. Real nice people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast