Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone tried the thread from Craftsy?

Blog Entries

Question Has anyone tried the thread from Craftsy?

I didn't even know they sold their own brand of thread, but just got an email about it. Has anyone tried it?

I bought some and I like it very much. It is on par with thread from Connecting Threads of MSQC. I am one to prefer threads that are 50/3 for piecing.

Yes! I like it a lot.

They sent me a free spool with my order a few months ago. Tried it and I liked it. Not sure it's any better than a lot of the others on the market but it didn't cause any problems on my FW or my fancy machine.
    People will see your quilts long after you're gone - NOT your housework!

I think it is a bit thinner than connecting threads brand which I love. I think it is closer to Auriful. I am mainly a charity quilter so I do not need the thinnest higher priced thread. I buy the big cones on Connecting Threads in neutral colors.

I have this Craftsy thread and Aurifil thread. I used Craftsy in the bobbin and Aurifil for top thread. I pulled both threads out some for comparison. They feel the same, look the same even under a magnifier. The stitches are exact too. They are both 50wt 2-ply thread.

I have some and like it a lot. I will buy it or Aurifil or Masterpiece, which ever one is on sale.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. I had some bad luck with the Connecting Threads thread so I was hesitant to try this. I have a bunch of aurifil colors from a massdrop but I'm missing a few so I might try a few of these.

I agree that it's like Aurifil. I couldn't tell any difference. I don't care for Connecting Threads brand. Seems too linty to me.

Blog Entries
    The Craftsy thread just became available earlier this year. I’m glad to hear that it is more like Aurifil than CT thread. I’ve been anxious to try it but having read your reviews here, it will be on my next order.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

The Craftsy thread has fewer yards per spool than Aurifil so make sure you are comparing cost per yard when looking at sale prices.

I order a lot from Craftsy so adding a spool of thread if it is on sale is a good buy for me. I agree to check yardage when comparing prices for thread. It could be a real surprise to see what you are actually paying.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I just went to the Craftsy site to look at the thread and you have to pay to be a member before you buy? Don't think so. Will just stick with Aurifil, and I don't mind Connecting threads.

I have a couple spools of it and love it. Really smooth running
    The man who speaks the truth is always at ease

sash, I'm not sure where you got the idea that you have to pay to be a member. I have been a member of craftsy for a couple years now and I have never paid for membership. I have also bought classes, kits and fabric from the Craftsy without paying for a membership. Could you be confusing their Craftsy Unlimited with having to pay to be a member?
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    I just went to the Craftsy site to look at the thread and you have to pay to be a member before you buy? Don't think so. Will just stick with Aurifil, and I don't mind Connecting threads.

Craftsy does not have membership. You pay for notions, fabric and classes. They have a lot of free patterns too.

Will have to go back to look. I have bought classes before too and didn't have a problem with it, but that was a couple years ago. Good to know; thank you.

I just bought some craftsy thread from them. Hope I didn't start any nasty rumors, but I swear the site I went to, I thought you had to pay to become a member. I think they recently had a new owner, so thought maybe something had changed. Any how,,,, all is good now. Thank you. I love threads and always like to have a good supply on hand.

Blog Entries
    I'm a member and I've never paid to belong.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Same with me. Sash I think you'll like that thread!

Sounds like I need to put this info in my brain somewhere..........to remember for when I do need thread. I sew with Aurifil and Presencia which is a 3 ply 50wt, very thin.
    I tried Connecting Threads thread and gave it away. It's too linty for my taste.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

There is no membership for Craftsy.
    Linda Lee

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi