Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried Craftsy yet?

Anyone tried Craftsy yet?

Just wondering if anyone has done craftsy - hope i'm not repeating a question, new to this !

Blog Entries
    Yes, and I was very pleased. I did have a little technical difficulty, but they worked with me to resolve it, even offering a refund if I wasn't happy. There are some free classes if you want to try it out. They often have sales, so unless you have to have a particular class right away, no need to pay full price.

Yes I have tried several Craftsy classes and enjoyed them...the advantage is that you can repeat them and they are always available anytime you want to watch them...the 2012 Block of the month was really a treat with Amy Gibson. And the Carol Doak paper piecing has been a great way to learn and try new techniques for paper piecing..and other students post their results so it's fun to see what others are doing in the class. Watch for the discounts to sign up for the classes to really get the best deal.

I have signed up for a few classes but have so far finished only one of them I do, really like them.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I'm enrolled in over twenty classes in Craftsy. About five of them are free. Go to Quilting on the Craftsy site and enroll in Craftsy's Free BOM 2012 and 2013. There are also a few more free quilting classes. The classes you pay for, they will give you your money back if you are not 100% satisfied. Also, Click on the class and you can find out more about it. And if you Google the teacher of the class you want to take and find her blog, they offer 50% off the class. That's how I enroll in all my classes. Also, you can ask Craftsy for a 50% discount. They always have discounts on many classes at different times. Don't pay $39 for a class.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I have taken many Craftsy classes, liked all of them. I have learned from each class.

Yes, I have taken about 5 craftsy classes - I was very happy with the classes - and its great because you can watch it over and over - I think its absolutely worth every penny.

I've learned from the classes I've taken there. I like being able to go back and review the lessons whenever I want to.

Wow, so many answers, thanks all, sounds exciting! Copy on your comments jcrow. I'll go take a look. This is a great forum with lots of help. Liking

Blog Entries
    I've taken several. Most were good, but one I didn't get anything out of at all. I got a refund with no hassles.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I've purchased a bunch of classes - hope to get started on them once all the weed spraying and haying is done! What I've seen I like.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I bought most of my classes when they were on sale and I have gotten something out of each. Some I didn't like so much because the teacher was a bit annoying but I generally endorse the crafty platform.

Much of what I know about quilting, I have learned from Craftsy classes. I have not completed many of the Craftsy classes in which I have enrolled; but I will get around to finishing them sometime. I love the Craftsy classes! I sign up for all the free Craftsy classes and buy the others when I can get them at 50% offl I especially like the fact that I can do the lessons any time.

I've done about 20 classes. I LOVE craftsy.

Blog Entries
    Currently I'm working through the 2012 free Block of the Month. It has good directions, but you need to know that Amy Gibson is left-handed, so if you're right handed, the cutting will be different for you than what's demonstrated. I've purchased several other classes and think it's a good investment. Less expensive than most local classes, because you aren't "locked into" buying fabrics can use what you already have. Plus the convenience is great! Access anytime!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes, great site!!!!!!

I have been very happy with the classes I have taken. I also second the suggestion to wait for a sale. 4 of the classes I have signed up for were free. They also have great sales on fabric.
    Sue

Lots of great info, thanks all. I have done as suggested and enrolled for a few. Great for us rural birds too. Can't wait to start! Love the block a month idea.

lbc
    Yes, I have purchased classes and so far have been pleased. Their free ones are worthwhile too.

Blog Entries
    I've taken a couple of Craftsy classes and liked them so I just signed up for the Quilting Big Projects on small machines class. hope I get a lot out of it cause my family has requests in for a few queen and king sized quilts from me!

Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Currently I'm working through the 2012 free Block of the Month. It has good directions, but you need to know that Amy Gibson is left-handed, so if you're right handed, the cutting will be different for you than what's demonstrated. I've purchased several other classes and think it's a good investment. Less expensive than most local classes, because you aren't "locked into" buying fabrics can use what you already have. Plus the convenience is great! Access anytime!
    Ooh, I'll have to take her classes. I'm left handed and it's always difficult/confusing to convert right handed cutting to left handed.

I've done a number of their classes. Got something from all of them. Got a number on sale which made them even better.

So far have only enrolled in a couple of the freebies, but have really enjoyed it. It's great because you can download the lesson materials and watch the video at any time, so I can do this when I have time between my other myriad projects. Or at 2:00 in the morning when I can't sleep!
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Blog Entries
    Loved it once I figured out how it works!!! I took a FM quilting class!!!
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

I have really enjoyed the Craftsy classes that I enrolled in and I have learned a lot. I agree with the others: wait for a sale if you can. They are very frequent and you save up to 50% off!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast