Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has this ever happened to you? >

Has this ever happened to you?

Has this ever happened to you?

Old 05-31-2016, 11:45 AM

Maybe we could borrow him to help judge if our dark/light values have enough contrast?

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
My DH doesn't seem to notice what's on my design wall unless I drag him over and ask him to look at it. Then he'll ask 'Who is this one for.' He doesn't have much of a reaction to the quilts, but then, he is color blind, so heaven knows what he's actually seeing.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:57 AM

Alas, he has no interest at all in any aspect of quilting. He'll say yay or nay to a design or a color but not why and then his eyes start to glaze over. This from a Medieval Philosophy prof. You'd think if he can stay awake for that he could at least pretend when it comes to my hobby. : ) Oh well, at least he is supportive of my hobby if not interested in the particulars.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:41 PM

My hubby is also very supportive of my sewing projects and when I am in my sewing studio he will sometimes poke his head in and ask me, "what are you building now"?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by LilaKay View Post
My husband cleans our house because he knows I am really bad when I get started on a project. I do not come in the house for hours. Well, he had knee replacement on May 23 and I had to clean the house myself this weekend. No wonder he has been talking about hiring a housekeeper.
Hire the housekeeper! Or at least housecleaners. I have mine in every other week and it's awesome!

I'm glad my husband isn't interested in my sewing and quilting. It keeps him out of the sewing room and out of my hair. He's usually out in the garage working on our cars or making car parts. I'm good with that.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 05-31-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
Mine just wants me to find stuff he has misplaced and it is usually something that is in plain sight .
Mine has to tell where I left things. I can't ever find anything, and he always knows where it is!