Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Haste Makes Waste

Oh Brother! This Baby quilt is going to go in the garbage!!! I just pinned it and sewed it together to turn rightside out, trimmed all the edges and Like a doo doo I sewed the batting in the middle so now I have to take it all back apart and hope for the best! Please tell me others have done this too.

Banned
    raises hand :mrgreen:

Haven't done that yet. Notice I said "yet" - I've done plenty of other dopey things!

Yep -- been there, done that :oops: :oops:

yea baby- luckily it was just a coaster. :)

Barb

Yes I have done it.

You can laugh, someday I will think it was funny (maybe) right now I turned it rightside out ya with the batting on the outside and I am going to just cut the top off and resew it GRRRR.

Good Luck, we all do daft things from time, its part of being a quilter. Havenīt done that yet but OMG have I had fun (not) doing those blue and white start blocks. finally solved the problem though. Donīt let it beat ya.

Take a deep breath, go an unpick gal, its really worth it after all the work you put into that top, Go on Iīm watching you. LOL

Elle

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I haven't gotten that far. I got it started and caught myself. Hopefully it will turn out OK.

Yup, done that. One time I finished a top and was quilting it when I noticed that I'd sewn one of the squares in one block (top row, of course) wrong side out! Left it like that and nobody ever mentioned it!

been there done that...with birthing a crib size, batting ended up on the bottom instead of between the layers. What's sad is I took all that time to carefully rip out the stitches, then I pinned it and sewed it and found I did the exact same thing AGAIN!!!

Haven't done that one myself but done PLEANTY of others!! :roll: :shock: :roll: Just remember that we all make mistakes and its a quilt you were never forget! :wink:

Not laughing at you laughing at our selfs as we have all been there done that. Especially the took apart done over and still done it wrong. OMG that is the ultimately. Let it set a month before I took it apart again.

rofl

I'm sure you're not alone.

Wellllll I cut it all apart. Stupid me used small stitiches to sew it and I resewed it. The side rows are wonky but they are not quilters so hopefully won't notice.? I will finnish what I can before the shower on Friday. And the rest I will work on after the shower. I wish I had more material to do it over but I had to make a run to the store once 50 miles one way to get more fabric. I will consider it a lesson well learned!!! :) and I am glad to hear I am not the only one!

You are correct. You do not own this mistake. I have done the same -- more than once I'm ashamed to say.

Oh yea. GD quilt with prairie points. Had to put it together twice before I got it right. Called it many names under my breath. The sad thing is I would most likely do it again. I have a mental block when it comes to this.

I once worked with a wise lady that told me "every mistake that can be made in this job has already been made by at least one person." You aren't the first person to birth a quilt in the breech position and you most certainly won't be the last person to do it. lol. There will be many others who will follow us and make the same mistakes that we have made.

I never heard that one before, Breech- let's hope that this baby isn't born breach after all the problems with the quilt!!

bj
    My "learning experiences" are to numberous to list. If we learn from our mistakes, then I'm getting pretty dang smart!

OWNS the Worlds RECORD for Using Her Seam Ripper!

Um..... Yes.......

Just call me the 'unsewing' queen!

YEP. Been there, done that !!! This is what saved me. It was whole cloth, so I just cut off the seams and replaced the batting and sewed again. You just gotta laugh at yourself and start over. At least it's a BABY quilt and not a larger one. Good luck, I'll send up a prayer for you to have patience and a sense of humor in all this. :lol: