Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever had this dilemma? >

Have you ever had this dilemma?

Have you ever had this dilemma?

Old 09-08-2013, 12:34 PM

The gremlins took it. They give it back when you least expect it to turn up. Normally after you buy a replacement.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

LOL love all the comments!! Haven't found it yet but will keep looking.

I lost my keys not long ago and went a month without them. the key for our new van is a plastic fob that costs $200 to replace so we were dragging our feet over replacing it. I went to get eggs out of the fridge and in the sack with the eggs was my keys!!! Only a month later!

I had that foot at one time and didnt' know what to do with it. My grands were using this Brother so it could have dissappeared then for all I know. I also took it to Retreat and could have lost it then. I did take out the stuff in my machine's pouch to look for my walking foot. so I could have lost it I guess.

Since I've never used it it could be anywhere. I recently cleaned out small drawers and bins and reorganized so I thought I knew where it was but not that foot. Oh well I guess I'll probably have to replace it.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:55 PM

I use a large mouth, tall medicine bottle to keep the feet I use most often near my machine.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:02 PM

I lost the 2 mm heating tip that applies the crystals without ever getting to use it. I knocked it off the table and heard it hit something and was so concerned about the quilt not touching the floor that I thought I would pick it up later after folding the quilt. Never have found that thing and have been on all fours moving things and I KNOW it has to be near metal but can't find it. Since it is copper, DH says a magnet won't pick it up. Fortunately I figured out a way to get the 3 mm one to do the job. But it is the principle of the matter. I want the complete set!!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:21 PM

I'm still looking for the set of keys I lost a year ago.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Good luck finding your things. I am sure that gremlins also live here - although the fact that I could be better about putting things away MIGHT be a factor, too.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 PM

I think we all do that...misplace things.. One of my biggest fears is having something (a foot, good scissors, etc) fall into my waste basket that I keep near the table for thread clippings and such. And not know it's missing and then throw out the trash on trash day. With the cost of some of the feet, it could be pricey. Hope you find it. I do TRY to put little stuff like that in a little box.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 PM

When I lose something I look for it for a while - if not found quickly I stop looking and start cleaning. It is amazing what I find that way. This morning I was looking for some embroidery thread I couldn't find so cleaned out the drawer. I found the Dear Jane rulers I purchased a couple of months ago. Those rulers are now with the book. Still haven't found the embroidery thread!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 AM

Oh my yes that safe spot has create duplicates for me!!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 AM

I have a dedicated butter tub for my feet, its within reach of my sewing machine, never lost a foot yet.