Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever made a quilt that had a mind of its own? >

Have you ever made a quilt that had a mind of its own?

Have you ever made a quilt that had a mind of its own?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:04 PM

the quilt I am making now--I miscut one block that was paper-pieced. So, I decided to make it anew only this time, I'd pay attention when trimming it to size, meaning I'd cut on the right lines. So, I did. Very carefully, with lots of attention. Guess what? it looks exactly like the one I'd replaced. Somehow, I made the same mistake, exactly the same mistake. So much so, that I went to my scrap bin to see if I'd taken it out again in error! NOPE. so I left it as it was figuring that's how it was meant to be...
Old 03-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

I had to redo the blocks for my row robin 3 times. It was as if I had never done a 12.5" block in my life. Was ready to tear my hair out - but bald is not a good look for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
I bet your son will love it no matter what it looks like.
that thought is what started the problems. When it came time to put the border on I did not have enough navy blue, I went to Joans to buy more and couldnt find the right color, so I went home cause I had some other dark blue I could use, but decided to go with this stuff my mother gave me. After I cut it and started to sew the strips together I noticed it was almost a satin on one side. I checked with my son and he said it looked cool so I used it. Oh god what a mistake. Then I didn't have backing fabric layed on the table correctly and as I was inserting the last 2 safety pins (pinned 10" apart, another mistake) I noticed it and decided I would just cut the border down when I was done quilting. Well I have one whole side with binding sewn down and my son is so happy.