Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever.... >

Have you ever....

Have you ever....

Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Sort of like: you're not a cook if you use a gas or electric appliances; you don't wash your clothes unless you scrub them on a board in a pot in the back yard, etc, etc....

Let's just go sew!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Sounds to me like someone needs a nap!

Suzy
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM

I love to design and piece tops. I can't quilt to save my soul!-Binding is okay. My main problem is I can't afford to pay up to $300 to have the tops quilted as I won't keep them but donate them.

I need to find a solution to this before I am smothered in tops! LOL
Old 05-24-2012, 10:26 AM

I view it as progress. My great-grandmother cut her pieces out with scissors and hand stitched everything. My grandma cut them out with scissors and used her "new fangled thing" AKA sewing machine (NOT an electric one though). My Mom used an electric sewing machine and scissors. I use a rotary cutter, a machine and a long arm (when I can). I think we are all quilters.

I think you did the right thing in going home - most people who debate that waste time and air.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM

I think I would have just busted out laughing!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 AM

You do what you do.... I want to do it all, but I'm not a perfectionist either (otherwise I couldn't stand any stage of my work!). Sierra
Old 05-24-2012, 11:29 AM

In my ignorant bliss I believe quilting is making a quilt. Who cares what it's called, just "get 'er done"
Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 PM

Don`t know what kind of quilting bunch you were in, hope not a church one. Don`t you feel sorry for people that have to pick apart every thing? I would have been in heaven just to be able to get together and sew with friends. I would also have gotten up and left, Saying " Sorry I must be in the bunch of sewers."
Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quiltbyme View Post
Question ?? When you send your quit top to a long arm quilter do they bind the edge before you get it back or do you have to do it.
There are some longarm quilters who you can pay to bind your quilts, but I think the majority of people bind their own quilts.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
True story (kind of unrelated): I was at a fabric shop when someone came in to pick up some quilts they had left there to have quilted. I don't know how much they cost, but it was an all over pattern, and it just didn't look great at all (seeing the quilts on this board has spoiled me!) and I happened to notice that at least one of those quilts was a cheater top!!
Before I began quilting I purchased a cheater top and had it longarm quilted for me. I told them to just quilt it the best way they thought it would look. The longarm quilter was in an LQS at that time, and she told me when I picked it up that she had many people compliment her on the beautiful piecing in the quilt. It really does looked pieced, because she did such a good job quilting it.