Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you finished your Christmas projects? What were they? >

Have you finished your Christmas projects? What were they?

Have you finished your Christmas projects? What were they?

Old 12-20-2010, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
If by finished, you mean given up... then, yes!
I'm finished, but my only project was embroidered Christmas cards and they had to be in the post by Saturday. Fortunately I didn't plan any others.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:39 AM

Despite a broken wrist (and Physical Therapy) have managed to make a full circle Christmas Tree skirt, 2 lap size throws (one still needs binding), bake 12 dozen cookies (for neighbors goodies trays), still working on Granddaughters Rag Quilt, and shipped boxes to both East and West coasts! Whew. Still have wrapping to do.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:31 AM

All done and shipped! I made five lap robes, two pillows, a doll, a tote bag filled with sewing goodies for a new sewer and a copy of my original doll pattern with dress/nighty pattern,and my husband made 4 wooden treasure chests for the younger GS's and 4 wooden jewelry boxes for some of the GD's. Plus we sent hand-made wooden cutting boards out earlier.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:50 AM

I learned a long long time ago, that I needed to have all my holiday shopping/quilting finished before Halloween. I am the sole owner of a small business ( dog and cat grooming shop) and my crunch time is Thanksgiving and Christmas.....after all, Santa won't bring toys and treats to a ''dirty dog''!!! I start my planing/shoping/cutting/sewing/quilting in January and continue all year knowing what my deadline is and I will not have any time after November 1st for ''me time''. This year I started/finished and will give out 4 king size quilts, too many lap throws to count, half a dozen baby quilts and a dozen fleece dog coats for cold greyhounds in Florida!! The ideas are already swirling in my head for next year!!

Enjoy the holidays....
jodi in leavenworth
Old 12-20-2010, 02:54 AM

I didn't do a whole lot this year, and probably will keep it that way, but I did finish what I'd planned :) . I did large throw quilts for my mom and my MIL and a set of oven mitts, placemats and pot holders for my brother. I'm already planning next Christmas, and will be doing stockings for my family (DH, the kids and myself), quilts for "the dads", and that's about it. I may do a table topper or something, but nothing planned for now.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:24 AM

Still working like crazy! I'm spending half a day sewing and half a day packing as I'm moving on Dec. 27. I just have two more sets of pot holders to finish and the binding and hem on the towel and potholder set I started yesterday. I should finish today...no.... make that NEED to finish today as I'm exchanging gifts with my friends tomorrow! Whew! Time is flying by!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 AM

I;m still working on it.So far I;ve done 15 bow tuck purses,2 small quilts for great nieces some sad looking potholders.Got one more purse to do
Old 12-20-2010, 06:15 AM

Not quite finished but hustling to get there. I have to finish attaching the binding on quilt DD made and is giving to SIL,
I need to make 2 placemats for a friend and 3 sets of coasters. With any luck I'll be able to accomplish it all. Oh I almost forgot that I also need to piece quilt top for step-son, it won't be finished but at least he will get an idea of what's coming his way :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Anybody want to lend me a hand?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:51 AM

You know what? I am only giving one quilted gift this year...a bow tucks bag for my niece...and that is only if I get around to making it! My family will not get together till the 30th so I have a few extra days. I had very good intentions but it just did not happen. I am kind of like the earlier poster who said something about things needing to be done by Halloween. So, I can look at it a couple different ways...either I am way behind this year...or, I could have quite a jump on next year!

Seriously, now that my 2 college daughters are home for the holidays, I know that I will not do much sewing at all. We will just have fun...lunches, shopping, movies, etc. In fact, closing up my machine and tidying up my sewing room is on my agenda for today. I will probably not touch anything in there until after New Year's day. (Unless we get snowed in, or something.)
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 AM
DJ

I'm done except for some coasters I'll make for DD's boyfriend, but she's bring the fabric on Wednesday, so I have to wait for it. I'm giving these home made gifts: 1 growth chart; 1 ornament; 2 tortilla cozies; 1 twister wreath wall hanging; 1 quilt; 1 pair of knit socks; 1 knit hat; 1 knit scarf; 1 luggage tag; 3 sets of blank greeting cards; jars of freezer jam; cookie plates . . . I think that's about it.