Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have you made any of the Civil War Sampler blocks from Barbara Brackman's book?

Smile Have you made any of the Civil War Sampler blocks from Barbara Brackman's book?

If you have used Barbara Brackman's book Civil War Sampler and made these blocks please let me know how you used the directions. The directions on pages 6 and 7 have me a little confused. Thanks to anyone who knows something about these blocks. I really want to make a small sampler from them. I am used to making blocks from strips etc. so this is new to me. I have never made one by cutting triangles or rectangles out and putting small pieces together. Hope I haven't "bitten off more than I can chew!" thanks in advance!

Not have done that particular pattern set...but, cutting out triangles, squares, etc., is like working a picture puzzle.....cut correctly and sewed precisely they will go together just fine, and you will have learned a new technique. Just take your time and sew slowly.....let us know your progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Not have done that particular pattern set...but, cutting out triangles, squares, etc., is like working a picture puzzle.....cut correctly and sewed precisely they will go together just fine, and you will have learned a new technique. Just take your time and sew slowly.....let us know your progress...
    yep that's one thing that's worrying me. the cutting correctly. Most pieces are measured in 1/8 " increments, exp, 7/8 and 3/8. Never done this before. Am going to make a sample block today out of old scraps to see if I can figure this all out. Thanks for the help!