Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

I think I am just a bit shy, I will take pictures of my sewingroom but just hesitate to post. Wondering if anyone else felt the same? Should we start a post of just pictures of our sewing rooms? Wouldn't that be fun?
    I love to look at other sewing rooms, just kinda shy.....
    Last edited by deedum; 02-17-2012 at 10:20 PM.

I would love to see others' sewing rooms. I will take photos of mine after I do a little straightening. I tend to make a mess when I am quilting. I have never posted a photo on QB. Not sure how to do it.

Anna Quilts

I love looking at the sewing rooms and the quilts but I now have a problem with posting pictures, I was able to post one set of photos, but now I'm told They need to be resized, they were taken with the same camera with the same setting as the first photos and I haven't found out how to get them to resize small enough to post. No mater what I try , I'm being told they won't down load, HUMMM must be operator error! LOL

I'm having problems with photos from my phone. My DH is a techy geek and even he can't get this forum to co-operate. Have no trouble with other sites (Facebook etc). Would love to click and send and message. Such a palaver with the camera.
    Photos of sewing rooms/areas great idea.
    Annie

At the moment I'd be ashamed to let anyone see my sewing room! But I have to sort it out, because I've promised to make space up there for some boxes to be stored for friends who are moving. A major declutter has to happen, just as soon as I can drag myself away from Leah Day's Quilt Along for long enough to do it - that'll be next year then (:

I'll see if I can take a photo between the tidy-up and the boxes arriving.

I must look at the pictures of other people's sewing spaces, as mine needs a total rethink.

Blog Entries
    I have pictures in my profile photo album.

My sewing areas are downright scary looking !!! I have very little room so I have to spread out in multiple rooms.

Suzy

Blog Entries
    My sewing room looks ransacked when I'm in the middle of a project. It also looks ransacked when I'm not, small room 12 x 14 with lots of stuff in it, but I love it. If I had a bigger room it probably would look the same.....chaos!!!!!

Banned
    I have to keep my quilt room neat to feel inspired and creative. I'm by no means a neat freak, but I learned long ago I quilt happier and more often when my space is neat and orderly. I'll try and remember to snap a picture of my quilt room in the next few days. I love looking at other folks quilting space - looking forward to seeing all of yours!

I just moved and my sewing room is still in boxes.
    Will post pictures in the forum for them when I get it all arranged.

There are a lot of pictures of sewing rooms posted in Pictures: Mission Organization. It's the first thing I go to when I log into this site.

Blog Entries
    I took pictures when I moved in two years ago. I promised to show what it looked like after a year. I haven't done it yet. I promise to do it as soon as I get a quilt that I am working on hung. Can't wait to see everyone's pics.
    Happy Quilting.

I've posted a few photos of my pegboard set up. I would say this was probably more than a year ago. I hesitate to take a photo of my entire room because I'm concerned about keeping some of my privacy in this age of social media. What about thieves (who may be lurking over the site)?
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

I have a tiny room about 6' x 9'. It's a good job I don't go in for swinging cats !!!! I will post a picture once I can get some kind of order in there! I would LOVE to have a basement in my home like many people in theUS do but it is very rare here.
    Sally
    Waving madly from the UK

Blog Entries
    we have an entire forum on the QB about sewing spaces. it is found as a subforum under Pictures. here is a link http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Since this new forum can't seem to get pictures to post.

Oh.... Post a photo of my sewing room..... way too scary ! I think I would get" quilt board probation" for posting something that bad.
    I have been working on it .. but far from photo ready.

Blog Entries
    Actually I took pics about a week ago to document how messy my sewing room is. I plan to use them as motivation to get it clean and organized. I spent the better part of last weekend cleaning, making another sewing/ironing station, cleaning out baskets of fabric and magazines, and cleaning off my cutting table. Well the motivation only lasted a couple of days; I had to sew something, I was going through withdrawals. So I paired up and cut fabric for pillowcases. I have almost completed 20. When they're done I'll get back to organizing and post pics of the before and after. Just don't hold your breath! LOL
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries
    I haven't posted my pictures. Since the board changed their format, I haven't gotten around to learning how to post pictures. Guess I'll have to get off my "duff" and try to do it. Maybe...
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie

Oh no, my sewing room is very camera shy. Every time I pull out the camera, she closes the door on me. LOL

But I love the fact that I CAN close the door when company comes. My old sewing room was also our dining room. I am one of those people who seem to have 2 or 3 projects/ideas going at one time and will pull out fabrics for them as I come across them. Of course the real trick is to remember to keep it all in the same pile or tote--along with the pattern or graphed idea, and notes too.

Right now, I have the fabric for a triple Irish chain ready to wash, iron and cut (once I absolutely will not change my mind one more time about the block size) for a quilt retreat in April. I also have an Elmo border print that I am going to make into a Warm Wishes, so that fabric is ready to go (along with copious notes about stripe sizes because the blocks will not be square) and I am toying with the idea of a flannelette scrappy snuggle quilt for the DGDs....
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
    Actually I took pics about a week ago to document how messy my sewing room is. I plan to use them as motivation to get it clean and organized. I spent the better part of last weekend cleaning, making another sewing/ironing station, cleaning out baskets of fabric and magazines, and cleaning off my cutting table. Well the motivation only lasted a couple of days; I had to sew something, I was going through withdrawals. So I paired up and cut fabric for pillowcases. I have almost completed 20. When they're done I'll get back to organizing and post pics of the before and after. Just don't hold your breath! LOL
    I did this same thing last week. I took pictures of my room and put them on the computer so that I could look at them and see what needed changed. I'm still in the changing stages and that will take awhile so will (maybe) take pictures after that!!! There always seems to be at least one mess in there!!
    Gloria 

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    My sewing areas are downright scary looking !!! I have very little room so I have to spread out in multiple rooms.

Suzy
    This could have been my response. We are getting company tomorrow so I have to get busy cleaning up!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

i posted some in the pictures forum. There are all sorts of clean and messy rooms, just post your room if you like it or even if you hate it.

Here's my sewing room: http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...y-t178659.html

Blog Entries
    We used to be able to submit pictures of our sewing room on the other board. By the looks of the posts, it must be difficult to do it now. Just looooved seeing others' sewing room. Sometimes it was "before" and "after" pictures. It was lots of fun seeing them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast