Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have You Purchased the Frixion Gel Pen? >

Have You Purchased the Frixion Gel Pen?

Have You Purchased the Frixion Gel Pen?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 AM

Someone responded on an earlier post on this subject to the freezing issue. She is a long arm quilter. If she ships a quilt back to a customer, it may be subjected to freezing temps en route.

Don't know of any other way it might freeze. And my understanding is that you would need to iron again to get it to disappear. Wonder if washing removes it permanently? Or maybe just a hit of steam from your iron?

I wouldn't use one of these on a check, though!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 AM

Funny!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 AM

I went to a show and saw a Dmo on this pen and fortunatly the person in front of me bought the last one they had. The next day I bought one from a office store and read the directions which said to make it reappear just put it in the freezer at 15 degrees and it will reappear. So I experimented on a swatch.
When I put it in the freezer it only took a couple minutes to reappear. So I thought What if I put it in the Refrigerator at about 40 degrees. It took about 5 minutes and it started to reapear.
I don't think I want to risk it on a quilt because I take my quilts places to show them off and it might be cold outside or I leave it in the car overnight and they would reappear. Also down the road if I were to give one of my Quilts to someone and this happens how are they to know how to fix it?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Terry M
I went to a show and saw a Dmo on this pen and fortunatly the person in front of me bought the last one they had. The next day I bought one from a office store and read the directions which said to make it reappear just put it in the freezer at 15 degrees and it will reappear. So I experimented on a swatch.
When I put it in the freezer it only took a couple minutes to reappear. So I thought What if I put it in the Refrigerator at about 40 degrees. It took about 5 minutes and it started to reapear.
I don't think I want to risk it on a quilt because I take my quilts places to show them off and it might be cold outside or I leave it in the car overnight and they would reappear. Also down the road if I were to give one of my Quilts to someone and this happens how are they to know how to fix it?
Did you read my earlier post that said I washed it out, air dried it, put it in the freezer, and it did not reappear?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 AM

I found these pens at Staples Office Supply. They have online as well. Going to test myself about coming back due to the temperature. Think if it is washed that it was prevent it coming back. Will try.