Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star?? >

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM

Hi I Go To The Sea To Breath, as far as I know, you can't download the lessons/tutorials from missiouri quilts well not the paid ones anyways, so you would have to view them and remember when you go home...don't quote me on this, maybe someone here is signed up and they will answer this....
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 AM

OKAY - I put my glasses on - It is 10 professional lessons on Quilting Quickly - patterns, techniques and tips. It is a video course by Jenny at Missouri Star FOR McCall's. The ad shows Jenny at the same sewing table that you see on U Tube.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:19 AM

If you're going to pay for online lessons, Quilt University would be an excellent way to go.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:21 AM

I think for the new quilter this might be better than going to class at a shop. One you're watching at home, not sitting in some uncomfortable shop chair, you can replay the video as many times as you want vs. if you don't understand in class its your loss. And from what I understand you will be able to post questions to Jenny.
I don't know many times I've taken different kinds of classes and when I got home to try to do what had been shown me in class, I often struggled to accomplish the same thing.
I wished I had this kind of help when I was starting out, I live over thirty miles from the nearest LQS and the few times I was in the shop, they were not the friendliest people anyway. Not the sort of people who encouraged you to come to their classes. Chris
Old 04-09-2011, 11:34 AM

You can access the classes 24/7. they are more indepth than the youtube videos. The people I've heard from that have taken them have been very pleased. not everyone has access to a shop or in person classes, it's just another option we have.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by bakermom
You can access the classes 24/7. they are more indepth than the youtube videos. The people I've heard from that have taken them have been very pleased. not everyone has access to a shop or in person classes, it's just another option we have.
I agree with bakermom. I was able to see one of these classes and they are more informative. You can ask questions and get an answer back. I think it is a great idea for those who do not drive or have the money for gas these days. Yes, just another option we have.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

I think this is a great idea. The On Demand type programs are becoming more popular and fits everyone's lifestyle. No more having to be at a certain place at a certain time or miss out.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Oh good! I'm glad to hear positive comments. It just seemed strange at the time to pay for what I have been watching for some time now. I love the Missouri Star tutorials on UTube.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
With all of the free tutorials out there, there is no way I'm paying for one, even at 40% off. Good grief!
I agree
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM

As a new quilter I really like the tutorials. I have both series and I have learned a lot from them. In fact I learn something new every time I watch. I have taken classes at shops and did not learn nearly as much. Jenny does not push you to buy from their store.

Linda