Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star?? >

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Old 04-09-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
WOW! :shock: I totally agree! Why in the world would we pay for tutorials when there are tons and tons of them online?? JMHO but don't think this will be a profitable adventure??!
P. T. Barnum said it best: "There's a sucker born every minute."
Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 PM

That comment was very offensive. I do not consider myself a sucker.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 PM

I saw like a video ad for them a little while ago. I think they're more than just tuts. I believe they were live online classes. Or something a little more interactive than just a YouTube video.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:57 AM

Ok I wasn't going to say anything because I certainly didn't want to be branded a "sucker" but here goes. There are no quilting classes in my area, so I did buy into this and IMHO it's the best 30 bucks I've spent yet. They are classes and not just clips and once you pay for it, you can watch them as much as you want to. I found it awesome!!! I truly am a sucker when it comes to buying the different gadgets and fabric etc, just like most of us here, but I can honestly tell you I am really happy with it. As someone said, you can ask questions and all kinds of stuff sooooooo This is one happppy sucker!!! Wendy
Old 04-10-2011, 03:01 AM

We are lucky to have all the free tuts online but to me, luckier to have people in this group do tuts for us. I look on here first for tuts first. Usually there are pictures as they go! Love that...stops any confusion! Thank you all who put the time into sharing YOUR tuts!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:13 AM

I also received email from e-PatternsCentral.com about the Missouri tute and also like others i watch it free on utube, beside QB has links and tutorial FREE :)
Old 04-10-2011, 03:26 AM

There are different strokes for different folks...what works great for one doesn't always work for another. That's why we are all so different so let's be careful with name calling as it serves no purpose.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:30 AM

I agree:)

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
There are different strokes for different folks...what works great for one doesn't always work for another. That's why we are all so different so let's be careful with name calling as it serves no purpose.
:thumbup:
Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 AM

I'm in my second class now, and love it. Jenny is a wonderful teacher and explains everything. I am terrible at reading directions, so it makes it so much easier seeing someone do it, and you can go back and take all the classes for as long as you want. To me it was money spent wisely.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:17 AM

I don't usually get in on these discussions, but I have to speak up. Unlike UTube the lessons that you pay for from MSQC with Jenny is an in-depth series of classes on several projects. I have been quilting for years but I still want to learn everything I can and Jenny is the best teacher I have ever had. This is not just somebody with a camera hung from the ceiling and not really knowing what they are doing. This is professional! I have bought both of the sets of classes and will buy the next one that she offers. Laugh at paying but this is a classic "You get what you pay for". And NO I am not out of my mind.