Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star?? >

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Have you seen "pay for" tuts from Missouri Star??

Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 AM

I'm a member of the MSQC and love it.Connie in CO
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 AM

I would like to try just one to see how it works.MQSC and their family went without a pay check for a year to get their business going.Whats one quilt class?Connie in CO
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 AM

I totally agree with the wonderful things everyone is saying about jenny's tutes and/or classes! I love her snd the MSQ company. HOWEVER...I will not pay for what they have been offering for free! I think companies who do that are using the freebies to draw you in, then WHAM! if you want more you gotta pay! Facebook tried that once and backed down in a hurry!

The internet is the WORLD WIDE WEB for a reason! I am sure I can find what I want in my Google tool bar! Sorry..won't do it!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Yeah for the innovative people who can do this for those that can't go to a class or don't have classes available elsewhere. :thumbup:
Don't listen to the nay sayers. Enjoy being able to have the option.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:57 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

sad to see they are for pay.. the Missouri Star always have great tutorials, and were using their own things that were for sale from their shop. I have purchased from them after watching.

Sad to see this option. Thanks for the post.

Ell
Old 04-11-2011, 07:08 AM

Just to clarify, the free tutorials are still there, and I am sure they will be adding more. This new for "pay" option are more in depth, step by step classes with loads of great tips. For someone, like myself, needing help in gaining skill and confidence, they are awesome! And, really, cheaper than some many classes available at LQS. Many of those classes are held during the day, when I am working, so I can't go. I do go when they have them that I need and on an evening or Sat, but those are rare.

So, for those of you that love the MSQC's free tut's, they are still there. I for one, am thankful for that too, because I access them frequently.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chairjogger
sad to see they are for pay.. the Missouri Star always have great tutorials, and were using their own things that were for sale from their shop. I have purchased from them after watching.

Sad to see this option. Thanks for the post.

Ell
The tutorials are still free.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 AM

I haven't seen the lessons you can pay for. I've enjoyed the free tuts on Utube. I teach classes and where I teach the classes cost $41.00 for a class that is 6 hours or $61.00 for a class that is 9 hours. Now I'm not saying my classes aren't worth it, but it is a one time class for that many classroom hours. Something you can buy and can watch over and over again, not worry about gas, time/day of class and fighting the weather might be a tremdous value for the quilter. Okay, so I'm shooting myself in the foot, but not really because there are those out there that want to take a class have the one on one with a teacher and other students. It's all good. It's wise to check out whatever the venue you are using, that the class has the content you want and will add to the success and enjoyment of quilting.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
I haven't seen the lessons you can pay for. I've enjoyed the free tuts on Utube. I teach classes and where I teach the classes cost $41.00 for a class that is 6 hours or $61.00 for a class that is 9 hours. Now I'm not saying my classes aren't worth it, but it is a one time class for that many classroom hours. Something you can buy and can watch over and over again, not worry about gas, time/day of class and fighting the weather might be a tremdous value for the quilter. Okay, so I'm shooting myself in the foot, but not really because there are those out there that want to take a class have the one on one with a teacher and other students. It's all good. It's wise to check out whatever the venue you are using, that the class has the content you want and will add to the success and enjoyment of quilting.
Well said.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
classes cost $41.00 for a class that is 6 hours or $61.00 for a class that is 9 hours. Something you can buy and can watch over and over again, not worry about gas, time/day of class and fighting the weather might be a tremendous value for the quilter. It's all good.
Couldn't agree more! There are often times when my shift leaves me "awake when everyone else is closed or sleeping"...this doesn't work out well for classes. Not to mention sick kids & other things come up that have caused me to miss my sewing group more than half the time. In addition, we have 2 mothers to care for when anything comes up... although each on their own, are 78 y.o. & things come up weekly that change our plans. Not complaining, as we take full responsibility for our (independent) moms; happily. Had I paid for regular classes & missed half, I wouldn't have been very happy.