Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
having difficulty for this pattern to work >

having difficulty for this pattern to work

having difficulty for this pattern to work

Old 12-06-2015, 03:49 PM

Default having difficulty for this pattern to work

hi, I found this pattern on the web, used translator to change the instructions from russian to english, but I can not make it to work. maybe some of you might be able to work the kinks out of this. I know that this is a busy season so I do not expect anyone to jumbo on this project. My cousin asked me for a table topper for a round coffee table and I really like this one with all these options. Mainly, when I try to sew the rows they do not come straight. Not sure where made a mistake.
thank you

http://roolen.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_22.html
Old 12-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

First of all, their measurements will be different from ours. I didn't see the pattern on Google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=six+...topper&imgrc=_
There are probably going to be in Y set in seams. You might see if you can find an easier pattern on Google. I made these last years out of charm squares:
http://quilti.com/christmas-table-to...andy-quilting/
You might also check out this Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=char...acAWMQ_AUIOygB
The only other option is to draw out the pattern to scale and add 1/4" seams. Good Luck.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:59 PM

I believe that I have resolve my problem, the diagonal cut has to be done on 60°, and I at first just cut the rectangles on diagonal, not checking the angle.
thank you for your suggestions
Old 12-07-2015, 04:37 AM

I found a similar pattern at Atkinson Designs, entitled Happy Holidays. Outside is the same. Center of yours looks like the one side of the triangle is divided in half. Think it would be easy to paper piece that.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:40 AM

What a pretty table topper. Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-07-2015, 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=Maureen NJ;7396758]I found a similar pattern at Atkinson Designs, entitled Happy Holidays. Outside is the same. Center of yours looks like the one side of the triangle is divided in half. Think it would be easy to paper piece that.[/QUOT

I have the pattern and it is very easy to make.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:46 AM

When I clicked on the blog site, on the top bar, I have Google translator, I clicked and got the English version, which is very, very clear to understand. Unfortunately, it cannot be downloaded, so I simply bookmarked it and I can then refer to it when I want to make this pattern. And yes, it is a 30-60 degree triangle, and there are some templates out there that have this dimension in various measurements.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:49 AM

[QUOTE=BeckySt;7396879]
Originally Posted by Maureen NJ View Post
I found a similar pattern at Atkinson Designs, entitled Happy Holidays. Outside is the same. Center of yours looks like the one side of the triangle is divided in half. Think it would be easy to paper piece that.[/QUOT

I have the pattern and it is very easy to make.
Yes, that's what I was going to say....close enough to pic to work, Easy peasy...get it and you will end up making a "few".... Ha, ha
Old 12-07-2015, 08:01 AM

I used Google translator and think the pattern should be okay, the designer is obviously very sharp as she has nailed the math. Will check on the Atkinson pattern also, absolutely gorgeous design. Thanks for bringing to our attention.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:02 AM

I would strip sew each set of two fabrics together. They recommended starting with excess fabric, but if you do that, be sure to trim your strips to the proper size before cutting them. I have a Fons & Porter pyramid ruler that would make quick work of this project. They sell them at JAF (http://www.joann.com/fons-and-porter...r/9631417.html).

It is definitely tricky trying to cut 60 degrees using a standard ruler. This is one of those rare cases where I would spend the $10 and get the specialty ruler.