Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hello my name is Luv, and Im a fabri-holic..... >

Hello my name is Luv, and Im a fabri-holic.....

Hello my name is Luv, and Im a fabri-holic.....

Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Hi!! My name is Carolyn and I have overdosed!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
Ive decided to take one tub- cut and slice them and make scrappies- one tub at a time... Cut them into 1.5 all the way up to 3.5 strips, 2x2 all the way up to 5x5 sqs, who knows I may even pull out the GO tumbler or apple core die to spice things up a bit...

I know im not alone in this 'epidemic' .. [/I][/SIZE]
This is a great idea. let us know how your project is coming along. Actually cutting up yardage seems faster than cutting up scraps as it is neater, but you will have sooo many strips!

I happen to love fabric, too, so I can sympathize. I don't have the bolts of fabric, though, and I do know where I got most of the fabric....
Old 05-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

I put myself on a fabric-buying moratorium that I didn't stick to last week. As I mentioned it to my DH (who is really an enabler) he said: "Don't worry honey, it's still cheaper than jewelry" - so that is my new motto. lol I think when you buy fabric in bolts, that kind of says it all. Enjoy your space (or spaces). The kids will move out soon enough and then the toys can be exchanged for quilting real-estate.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:36 PM

There is never enough space , is there?
Old 05-14-2012, 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=kateyb;5213663]I have had a great deal of fun reading all of these posts.
I did (operative word) have all of my stash in my sewing room. Then we bought a freezer. Didn't want it in the bedroom or guest room ( the noise wakes people up) so it ended in the sewing room. Soooo... some of my UFO's ended up on the guest room and bedroom shelves. I keep hand projects by my chair in the living room - there are now 7 of those. Since I am chair of our guild's charity quilt project my carport storage has 20 tubs of fabric in it that isn't even mine.
My kids keep asking if I'm a hoarder. My answer is "only fabric". I have a list of quilting friends to give my stash to if I die anytime soon.
I recently had a friend who had cancer. She had a 3% chance of living for 2 weeks, a 10% chance if living through surgery. She was telling me she wanted me to have her UFO's. Fortunately, she made it through surgery. Since I helped her set up her sewing room I know how many she had (over 200). I probably wouldn't live long enough to finish hers and mine. Now she can work on her own.

Proof that having a fabric stash and un-numberable UFO's gives us incentive to LIVE!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Check out this page because I resemble that remark --->

http://erikhomemade.typepad.com/erik...-a-member.html
That is hysterical! I need one of those!
This thread has been a hoot to read. Yes, I have a stash and list of quilts to make that exceeds my life expectancy, however, I'm not quite as deep as some of you. My roommate and I are both quilters, so turning our dining room into the sewing room was a no-brainer. We eat at the bar. Then I gave my daughter the good dining room table, so we set our 6 foot cutting table in the living room, since we never sit in there anyway. It's lovely to live with a partner in crime. We enable each other. No complaints if quilting is done instead of housework, cooking or yard work. We understand priorities! I was just eying my closet today and thinking, "hmmm, I bet I could build shelves in that space for fabric!" I just hope playing in your stash gives you as much joy as playing in mine does me. It's actually pretty cheap therapy!