Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help, any ideas on how to quilt this? >

Help, any ideas on how to quilt this?

Help, any ideas on how to quilt this?

Old 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by cedarvalleyquilts View Post
I would quilt with continuous curves over each pineapple block (gives you curves yet will let the pineapple shine) and then SID around each diamond shape that is formed where the pineapple blocks join up. Be sure to show us your quilt afterwards...it's beautiful

Christine
This is what I'd do as well - I really like this quilt - VERY pretty, very "clean" - GREAT JOB!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:58 PM

I was thinking curves also, maybe some feathers although I would have to practice more on them first. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone is always so helpful. Will certainly post pics when it is finally finished.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:28 PM

the quilt is lovely and I don't think you would hurt it with any pattern you choose... I think the spirals sound good, I think the stitch in the ditch sounds good but it would be so busy that I would probably modify it to be on 'certain chosen' lines, not necessarily the same ones in every square, something that wanders across the quilt here and there... just close enough to hold the batting in place... it is a busy pattern and i don't think i would put a ton of busy stitching on it, but either the spiral or 'limited stitch in the ditch' would be great... if you are putting borders on (i would, it will calm it a bit, letting the busy be busy and the plainer border be calm), there would be a place for a bit of curvy, smooth lines if you like... but i have done a lot of 'following the block design right off into the border' before... it works great, too.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM

Beautiful quilt, I am no help with the quilting decision.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:28 PM

how about quilting it like you would a double wedding ring, whats it called apple peels, or blossoms ...
or just meander in the white, most of the time, you have to look at your quilt as, will it be washed a million times, or just something nice to look at, maybe used, but not over used..
good luck,
katz