Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with Bernina 730 >

Help with Bernina 730

Help with Bernina 730

Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 AM

Default Help with Bernina 730

My Bernina stops after a few stitches and tells me to check the bobbin. I cleaned the area and oiled. I thought perhaps it was the prewound bobbin from Superior Threads so changed it for one of mine. Same thing! I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions other than taking it for repairs? Makes me want my old Singer back. Thanks so much for any suggestions. Hilda
Old 08-10-2014, 10:54 AM

You might have a thread caught somewhere. Re thread the machine top and bottom, clean it really well. Also you might want to turn it off and back on. Remember it is a computer so "Reboot" is sometimes the answer. The TOL machines can be fussy but they are a dream to sew on as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 AM

I have problems with that as well. I had my serviced and it still did it. My solution was to just go to the control panel and shut the empty bobbin function off. I miss it but that is better then pushing the ok button every few stitches.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:01 PM

Mine started doing that as well. I cleaned it THOROUGHLY, checked for tiny slivers of thread and fuzz, etc, and it sewed fine for a while and then started showing the message again. I repeated the cleaning process again and evened oiled the hook. Sewed fine for a few days, then up pops the same error message. I thought the third time of cleaning would be the charm. Nope. Same message. Sooooo, the fourth time I got the error message to check the bobbin area, etc., I sat there looking at it for about thirty seconds wondering what would happen if I just keep sewing. It sewed perfectly without missing a beat. I now get the message once a month or so, but I just keep sewing and so far, so good.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

WOW, it makes me love my old Bernina 1530 just a lot more!! Sorry that you are ALL having the same problem. What a Pain !!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:28 AM

Thanks Nammie. I'll recheck everything again. Hilda
Old 08-11-2014, 10:29 AM

I didn't know I could do that! Wow...so much to learn about this machine. Thank you. Hilda
Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Maniac Quilter, I had a 1230 for a long time. Great machine. Wish I had kept it...you know " the grass is always greener." Ha.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:36 AM

Chaney Ranch, my machine won't sew a stitch until I hit the "OK" button. Sews beautifully for about 10-12 stitches.I'm going to try Grandma Nurses advice and turn the bobbin off. Thanks. Hilda
Old 08-13-2014, 05:05 AM

My problem was with the empty bobbin sensor. It would pop up a hundred times doing an embroidery (I have an 830) and less on regular sewing. It happened since I had it. I was able to push the button and continue but it was a real pain and took the fun out of using it. I was ready to send it back to Bernina in Chicago area and gave my dealer one last try. I took my hoops, quilting samples, sewing samples, etc with me and sat with him showing how it kept popping up. They (salesman and technician) tried everything, even calling Bernina. There are apparently 8 sensors on the Bernina. They ended up replacing a sensor and it works great now. My problem was extreme but if it continues, I would insist on going to dealers when technician is there and staying until it is fixed.