Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with bottom thread problem >

Help with bottom thread problem

Help with bottom thread problem

Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest
Posts: 146
Default Help with bottom thread problem

Can anyone help me resolve the problem I'm having with my bottom thread on my Brother ULT2003D Disney Sewing and Embroidery Machine? I use this machine for quilting with my walking foot and the stitches on top and bottom are fine. But when I try to do a simple 1/4" stitch I get this skipping problem. It doesn't happen all the time but it's happening now and I can't figure out how to stop it. I changed the needle, cleaned the bobbin area and have the tension adjusted properly (or so I think!).

If anyone has had this problem and knows how to correct it, please let me know.

Forever thankful,

Sande from Jersey
Attached Thumbnails dscn2991.jpg  
Sande is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tennessee, UC area
Posts: 1,442
Default

Bottom thread means prob on top. I own this machine, and I'm guessing it is not going thru the tensions correctly because maybe you have some fuzz/thread bits wrapped in the bronze bearing. Or it might be a burr on the blk plastic bobbin case. Take it out and run your finger around. I've learned how to do most of my repairs by following instructions in the manual posted on line..
http://www.annsultfixit.com/ultfixit.html And Ann will help you via email also, if she can.
mermaid is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 AM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,215
Default

I have a Brother but not your model. I have found I need to keep the tension on 3 to keep the stitches correct.
EllieGirl is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: las vegas nv.
Posts: 2,290
Default

I got a error message, this link worked: http://www.annsultfixit.com/UltFixit.html
craftiladi is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 06:01 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest
Posts: 146
Default

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Bottom thread means prob on top. I own this machine, and I'm guessing it is not going thru the tensions correctly because maybe you have some fuzz/thread bits wrapped in the bronze bearing. Or it might be a burr on the blk plastic bobbin case. Take it out and run your finger around. I've learned how to do most of my repairs by following instructions in the manual posted on line..
http://www.annsultfixit.com/ultfixit.html And Ann will help you via email also, if she can.
Wow! Where have you been all my life? This is an amazing website that you gave me! Love it! Thank you so much!
Sande is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Morganton, North Carolina
Posts: 2,882
Default

Thank you sew very much for the link. I have the Pacesetter ULT 2003D Disney edition.....but the info can be used for my machine too. Beckie

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
I got a error message, this link worked: http://www.annsultfixit.com/UltFixit.html
wuv2quilt is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tennessee, UC area
Posts: 1,442
Default

You are so welcome. When my ULT/03D froze and nothing could be moved, I found the repair site. I contacted to thank her for the info, but couldn't clear the bronze bearing . She answered back with more instruction and several mails later I had to seek help from my dealer. Just FYI, I watched over his shoulder as he dived into the machine---"while I waited". I couldn't wait to pass some new info along to Ann--that she wasn't aware of. It will have to be something drastic that sends me 100 mi for repair again. And btw, I also have the 2002ULT-D that has been upgraded to 2003. I asked my dealer if he could install a USB port & he said 'no'. That would make a perfect machine..in MO. They are real workhorses, and I LOVE the sewing feature. I emb on the older one, and sew on my newer one, which I bought brand new off the floor. So it is still "virgin"...almost!
mermaid is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:07 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Scissor Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southwest Kansas
Posts: 4,820
Default

Originally Posted by Sande View Post
Can anyone help me resolve the problem I'm having with my bottom thread on my Brother ULT2003D Disney Sewing and Embroidery Machine? I use this machine for quilting with my walking foot and the stitches on top and bottom are fine. But when I try to do a simple 1/4" stitch I get this skipping problem. It doesn't happen all the time but it's happening now and I can't figure out how to stop it. I changed the needle, cleaned the bobbin area and have the tension adjusted properly (or so I think!).

If anyone has had this problem and knows how to correct it, please let me know.

Forever thankful,

Sande from Jersey
That could still be a needle problem if the size of your needle and the size of your thread aren't properly matched and the type of needle matched to the type of fabric you're working on.
Scissor Queen is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Mitch's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 1,443
Default

Check your needle plate to be sure it isn't cracked near the feed dog openings.
Mitch's mom is offline  
Related Topics

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.