Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with braided band border

Help with braided band border

I have been working on this pattern by Morning Glory Designs, Mosaic Farm. Has anyone on the board made this quilt? I have sewed my diamond shapes together and my triangles shapes to the ends of my diamonds. How do I join the rows together? Do you have to use the y seam technique to join the triangles on the ends? I'm probably over thinking this. I pieced the braided band before and it didn't turn out correctly. The measurements according to the pattern was 42.5 X 10.5. My band was smaller, so I had to use my handy seam ripper. I have put so much time into this and still not completed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sandra

https://www.morningglorydesigns.com/...-x30268425.htm

Looked at the picture of the pattern and love it but I couldn't help you about sewing it together. I know someone will come to your aid and have wonderful ideas for you. That is what this QB is for-to help with advice. Good Luck

Blog Entries
    you piece it like blocks set on point: diagonal rows.
    Looking at the illustration, I would start by laying it out on your design board, or floor or bed. Start with the beige half triangle in the extreme upper left. Then join it to the burgundy diamond to the right of it. Now join the burgundy to the print diamond to the lower right (South East) of it, then the burgundy diamond to the lower right of that one, then the beige half triangle to the lower right of the burgundy one. That diagonal row is done. Proceed across the whole strip. now that you are a pro, create the short end rows. Now all you have to do is sew the rows together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PaperPrincess; 07-05-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Wow, it is so easy when you know how. I always learn something new when I wander through this site. Thanks.

The picture in the link is gorgeous.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.