Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with Digitizer Jr.

Help with Digitizer Jr.

Hi all,
    I have a Janome 11000SE embroidery machine and I am trying to learn to use Digitizer Jr. When I boot it up, I only have one icon on the digitizer toolbar (the Click to Design button). How do I get the other icons? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a fix for it? Please offer any advice you can.

Thanks,
    mardilee

I have same machine & have had 3 lessons on using Digitizer Jr. & I still have problems My computer was wonky for awhile & got a new one. I'm going to try it again. Good luck.

Margee, let me know how it goes with your lessons. Maybe you will learn how to access all the digitizing tools. It might have something to do with importing a proper image. Hmmm.

After getting some advice from the Janome forum on Janome.com, I updated my version of Digitizer Jr. and it solved my problem. Emailing their tech support did no good, as they did not answer. But the regular folks on the forum kept making suggestions, until the problem was solved. Nice people!

Blog Entries
    Does the Digitizer, Jr. come with the Janome machines or is it a sperate purchase? Just curious.
    Gwenzie

Hi, I too have just gotten my 11,000SE and was given the Digitizer Jr program w/it and can't figure out how to use it very well. I want to digitize from scratch and can't find the help I need. If you find anything out, please let me know. I am frustrated.

Another quick answer, Mardilee, If you go to the top of the screen and click on View, then go down to Toolbars, and make sure the ones you want to see are checked. Then they should show up. Good luck!

Hi gwenzie, no digitizer program came with my Janome machine. I had to buy it separately. But maybe some dealers would make a deal to include it. Digitizer Jr. is the least complicated, least powerful digitizer program made for the Janomes. Digitizer MBX is their latest, fanciest program. But it costs upwards of $1200, so it's out of my price range. I think the Digitizer Jr. is a good program to learn with, but it takes a lot of time and "playing around" to become familiar with it.

Momjoy6 - I printed out the instruction manual for Digitizer Jr. and am going through it page by page to learn the program. I'll bet your dealer will give you lessons. You got a good deal if you got the program free w/ your machine. It costs a least $499. Good for you:-) and happy digitizing!

Hi...I am reading this thread with real interest. I bought a new to me Janome 11000 upgraded to the SE last week and am trying to figure what software to get...would love to know how you all get on as would like to buy some software at the end of the month.

Mardilee, I have been trying to go through my manual page by page too but I cannot find the circle icon that they talk about and I can't seem to figure out how to actually DO the creating of the design. Maybe I'm just trying to do too difficult of a procedure too fast. My husband has been going through it w/me too cuz he thought that maybe 2 pr of eyes........... ya know. My dealer only has 1 gal working for him and she hadn't used the Jr. Just the MBX, I think.

Hi. I do know that some discs came with my 11000SE along with the Digitizer Jr disc. They are: PCFoldertool., Acufilprint tool, & Screensaver. I had someone more familiar with computers than me install these other discs on both my computer & sewing machine. There is a connecting cable that came with to attach to your sewing machine from the computer to enable the info to be placed onto sewing machine computer. You do need to do this first. Hope this helps.

Anyone considering purchasing a digitizing program should consider Embird. It is as inexpensive as they get and when I was considering purchasing digitizing software I joined several different Yahoo groups. I was contacted privately by two different digitizers over a couple of months that were professionals. One of them told me that her work provides her with several different professional programs yet her go to program of choice was Embird. The nice thing is that you can digitize and it will save your design in any format so it is not just for one brand of machine. Also modules can be purchased individually so you don't have to purchase software that you may never use. I am not affiliated with Embird in any way other than being a happy user who is still trying to learn digitizing and glad I didn't spend big bucks to do it. Ann in TN