Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with fluffy batting >

Help with fluffy batting

Help with fluffy batting

Old 07-22-2018, 12:31 PM
mac

When I took my first quilting class, I had been quilting for a long time and pretty much had taught myself. There weren't any quilting classes that I knew of in the mid 70's. So, when I took my first class in the early 80's and the teacher said to bring in batting, I brought in thick poly batting that I had at home. She looked at me and said that it was way too thick for me to use and that I should buy some that they had in the store.

Not having much money, I was determined to use what I had, so I ironed my batting down. I put it between two pieces of fabric and used a little steam when I ironed it and it flattened out enough so that I could finish the class without buying anything more. I must say that when the teacher saw me doing that, her eyes got mighty large. My project came out pretty good, in spite of using the wrong batting.

I finally used up all my poly batting and more than once I had to iron it down to get it flat enough to quilt. After that I used the cotton batting and all was well in the world... The End.

Last edited by mac; 07-22-2018 at 12:36 PM.