Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! How Do I Use Retayne With The New HE Washers? >

Help! How Do I Use Retayne With The New HE Washers?

Help! How Do I Use Retayne With The New HE Washers?

Old 12-06-2022, 07:08 AM

I admit I love my front load washers for everything except treating colors. They wash beautifully with just a fraction of the detergent and water a top loader works. You need to keep the washer door cracked open a bit when not in use to keep the mold at bay, just like you do in any wet closed container. I just drape a wash cloth in the door. They cycles are longer, but I don’t mind. I have had front loaders for almost 20 years, and I would never go back! For treating colors that can’t be fixed by just using 3-4 Color Catchers, I use my sink. It on,y happens once every few years, so I don’t mind the trouble.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
I admit I love my front load washers for everything except treating colors. They wash beautifully with just a fraction of the detergent and water a top loader works. You need to keep the washer door cracked open a bit when not in use to keep the mold at bay, just like you do in any wet closed container. I just drape a wash cloth in the door. They cycles are longer, but I don’t mind. I have had front loaders for almost 20 years, and I would never go back! For treating colors that can’t be fixed by just using 3-4 Color Catchers, I use my sink. It on,y happens once every few years, so I don’t mind the trouble.
I agree! We are on our 2nd front loader. The first one, over 15 years old, was still working, but we remodeled and got all new appliances. Wouldn't go back for anything.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by mopec View Post
I keep buying "those" washers because I really, really like them!
I've never once had a problem. Our first one was over 15 years old and only replaced as we remodeled. Yes, I do leave the door ajar, but even a top loaders will sometimes get a musty smell if left closed all of the time. I use so much less laundry products and water, have no trouble washing large items, and the spin cycle removes so much more water.

DD has a top loading HE washer, I hate it. First, it's too deep! I'm not short, but reaching the bottom is a challenge, lol. And there is so little water that I've had things come out with spots that weren't even wet after a full cycle!
Old 12-07-2022, 08:00 AM

Appliances do not last like they used to. When I wash new fabric, I just put in my top loading HE Maytag and wash like a regular load with regular detergent. Never used Retayne, didn't even know what it was.