Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: HELP. !!! I NEED HELP

Blog Entries
    Just to add my bit - I have found a leather needle to be very helpful when sewing through multiple layers. I use velcro a lot in a job I do and find that a leather needle is the only one that stops the thread breaking and snagging.

Blog Entries
    I am glad ou found the problem ! Very pretty !

I do that all the time. Usually when I am tierd and should not be handling any kind of equipment. :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    It looks lovely, the next time you do that many layers use a jeans needle, it really helps.
    Good idea. Maybe I'll take the mat back out of the wastebasket & wait til I get a jeans needle. Thanks for the suggestion. I sure hated tossing the mat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattee
    Ok, this might sound stupid, but when I first started FMQ, I kept forgetting to put the presser foot down. Because it doesn't grab the fabric as hard as a normal presser foot, I couldn't distinguish as easily between it's up and down position, and kept forgetting to put it down. That led to a lot of problems, including broken needles. I still feel pretty silly about it, but I can't be the only one who has ever done that (I hope!)

Also, make sure you're using the correct type of needle for your machine and inserting it properly.
    Oh, I am SOOO glad I am not the only one to do that!

That is a good way to use up old buttons and doilies too. Great wall quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    You'll see it's my version of Patti's beaut. flower basket. I just couldn't get the soft colors she used though. I still love hers best but mine is fine for me.

I want to thank all of you who gave me advice on how to solve my problem. I knew all of you could help.
    I LOVE it. You said you did it from a pic. Where did you find it? What size is it? I would love to do one for a "me" project. Right now I am finishing B"day quilts for family.

Quote Originally Posted by katiebear1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    You'll see it's my version of Patti's beaut. flower basket. I just couldn't get the soft colors she used though. I still love hers best but mine is fine for me.

I want to thank all of you who gave me advice on how to solve my problem. I knew all of you could help.
    I LOVE it. You said you did it from a pic. Where did you find it? What size is it? I would love to do one for a "me" project. Right now I am finishing B"day quilts for family.

Katie, the orig. pix was in an email to us & I don't feel right sending her pix out now. I really can't find it now anyway. Why don't you print mine out & use it as a guide?

You can do this yourself by just making it up. My finished pc. is 21 x 28 1/2". I started with a background pc. larger then trimmed it down once the flowers were on. I wish I had made mine a little wider though. I then drew my own basket using the orig. as a model. I put batting behind the basket then FMQ it before putting it on the background. That gave it dimension. I put a bit of fiberfill in a few yo yos to give a few flowers dimension. This is great fun to make.

I'd be happy to help if you need it. Just PM me.

Just dive in & have fun with it. You'll love it.
    Pat

MNM

:thumbup: It is so pretty glad you got it done and trouble is over.

MNM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4