Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HELP I need to make block bigger

Power Poster
    that looked like a challenging block. nice job on it.

Well done!!

a pizza box quilt is where you pick you fabric and you have say 12 people that are doing it . you each do one block pass the material not the next person they make a block out of the material in the box than pass it on to the person after them and so on at the end you get your material and all teh blocks back that each person made with your material . Hope I explained it right and clear

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie69emt
    a pizza box quilt is where you pick you fabric and you have say 12 people that are doing it . you each do one block pass the material not the next person they make a block out of the material in the box than pass it on to the person after them and so on at the end you get your material and all teh blocks back that each person made with your material . Hope I explained it right and clear
    Do any of the people add any of their own fabrics to the "seed fabric"

Does each person choose what block to make?

Does each person make he same block for all the participants - with the chosen fabric(s)?

Blog Entries
    2) the next option would be to make the corner patches 5 inches instead of 3 inches and then you could leave the paper piece pattern the way it is and end up with a 12 inch. this kinda throws off the ratio of the sections to each other but it is an easy change to make.

i like this Idea best

This is a lovely block. If you make the outer blocks 1 1/2" finished and the diamonds and center square 3" finished, it should give you a 12" block finished. Let us know if it works.

I just located this wonderful scale for enlarging and reducing. I was looking for another pattern in my binder, and found it - I'd been looking for it too. It may help make different sizes from your favorite pattern.
    http://www.thequiltedsnail.com/scale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2