Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help I need a pattern that uses an ice tub

Blog Entries

Help I need a pattern that uses an ice tub

Help while redoing my studio one of my helpers didn't realise that the ice cream tub with material and webbing was anything I would want. I received the kit to make for the show for my guild in October. It is a tool caddy using a ice cream tub with a handle. Does anyone have a pattern for this or know where I could buy one? I've gone through all the trash but can't find it.

Blog Entries
    I have a pattern, but can't find it. It was commercial (Simplicity or McCalls) and I made a couple, but it was years ago. You basically make a cover and lining about the same size as the tub. Here's the secret: the outside cover has a seam on 2 sides, as opposed to a single piece of fabric joined to the bottom circle. The handles on the tub will pop off. You make the outside cover, leaving an inch or so of the side seams open. Sew the top of the lining to the top of the outside cover, leaving the bottom circle of the lining off. Take the handles off the tub & insert it. Whip stitch the bottom of the lining on and reattach the handles. You can add pockets to the lining and/or the outside. Also you can sew a tube of fabric, turn it and put it over the handle to dress it up. If you make the tube about 3X the length of the handle, it will look ruched. Don't know if this helps at all....
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    OK, I found a similar tutorial. Hope this is what you were looking for!,... http://doodlecraft.blogspot.com/2013...e-buckets.html
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    Thank you !
    I am going to do this this weekend before something else happens.

I love this idea. One more to add to my to do list. I am going to have to live to be about 200 years old to complete the list.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all. I want to make those but for now I FOUND THE MATERIAL AND PATTERN. I am so Very happy. It is called the Quilter's caddy. Was ask to make it for the quilt show sale table in October. So I was scared I had lost it.