Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help identifing quilt block >

Help identifing quilt block

Help identifing quilt block

Old 04-20-2021, 01:30 PM

Polyparrot you did a wonderful job. Thank you. I was going to try to draw it in EQ7 but had not gotten around to it. Isn't it beautiful. Did you put it into a quilt to see how pretty the secondary block was? It is such a delicate design. Again, thank you. I am most grateful. I just can't believe anyone doesn't know the name. People aren't usually stumped on this board!
Old 04-20-2021, 02:11 PM

Thank you - I really love trying to figure out these puzzles. It's an unequal nine-patch of some sort, but I can't find it in BlockBase. Of course, I could be looking at it and miss it.

I don't think the project file will work in EQ7, but if it will help you draw your own, I started with a 10" block and a 10x10 grid. The outside corners are 3" square and the middle rows are 4".

I did a foundation-piecing layout, but it's a lot of pieces to sew together after the paper piecing - I'm thinking it would be easier to just sew the block conventionally?

I do like the look of the quilt - especially with a ½" sashing accent between the blocks.

Hope this will help!
Attached Thumbnails pieced-star-circles.png   pieced-star-circles-2.png  
Attached Files