Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with Janome Horizon MC 14000 >

Help with Janome Horizon MC 14000

Help with Janome Horizon MC 14000

Old 01-04-2022, 02:25 PM

Default Help with Janome Horizon MC 14000

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Please help me unscramble my brain and learn what my machine needs as far as UPDATES,,,UPGRADES and HORIZON LINK SUITE. I bought my machine almost a year ago, but due to health problems an now just trying to get to understand more about it. #1. UPDATES...The version i have is a V1.02, so assume it might need some updates. If so, what UPDATES do I need and can I update the machine myself? #2. UPGRADES-QUILTMAKER...Can I upgrade my machine to QUILT MAKER. If so how would I do this UPGRADE? #2 UPGRADES-HP PLATE AND FEET...Again, can the 14000 be upgraded to use this plate and new feet? If so, how can this be accomplished? #3 HORIZON LINK SUITE...Can my14,000 use HORIZON LINK SUITE? I did not receive a CD with my machine. I bought my machine online. But the description of the machine clearly states it has..."Design transfer options: USB, Direct PC connection via Horizon Link Suite". How can I install this without a CD? Because I bought my machine online I am not sure I can take it to a Janome dealer, plus the closest is 3 hours away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Old 01-06-2022, 02:51 PM

Call a dealer and ask, or call Janome. Be prepared to wait when calling janome Corporate.
they will call you back if the wait is too long.
you maybe amaybe find some of your answers on the Janome website. I know they list updates.
Upgrades normally cost you.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:42 AM

I seem to remember that the 14000 was not updated when the 15000 was a few years ago. On the Janome Bulletin site, there is a link for the 15000 updates but not the 14000 (JANOME GLOBAL SITE). Also, the Janome Tech support number is 1-800-631-0183. I have read on other forums where users were able to get a download from them. You can also confirm the information about updates.