Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! - Juki HZL F-300

Help! - Juki HZL F-300

I have a new Juki HZL F-300. I am sewing a straight stitch using the automatic thread cutter. I have checked the threading on both the thread and the bobbin numerous times. I have changed the needle several times.
    Issue: the threads nest at the end of my seam. Both threads cut but the thread somehow threads itself through the fabric twice and I end up with a tail. So every time I start a seam there is a long thread from the thread itself.
    I hope I explained this well. Does anyone have suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Use a leader. That is, a small piece of waste fabric to start your seam, then sew off onto your actual seam.

A photo would help
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    I have an F600. Yes, that is the way the cutter works. I often use it during my quilting. Then I have to go back and cut off those tails. I just consider it part of the process. Come to think of it, I had a different machine with a cutter, and it did the same thing.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Just a thought. . . When I use three of the upper loops to thread my machine, my needle unthreads when I use the cutter, so maybe the number of upper thread loops has something to do with the length of the thread cut?
    May your day be blessed and your quilting sew happy! Enjoy the process and the product!
    ​Vinette