Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me choose! >

Help me choose!

Help me choose!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 PM

I have a 430 and love it. I used it for a couple of years before purchasing the BSR foot which was a big help in FMQ. (But expensive) You may want to ask if you can get a deal on a BSR too. We have had good service from our dealer although we really haven't had problems with it - just needed cleaning and oiling etc.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:28 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I have the 170 and it was brand new 11 + years ago. I paid over 3000.00 for it so I can't imagine even a slightly used one would be worth 1500. 00. It is a great machine but might be out of date for things people want to do today on their machines.Newer machines have better computers. I never use the embroidery attachments on my machine so I was sold on something I really didn't want or need. IMHO I would never buy another machine with all the bells and whistles. I really never got interested in using them. I just want a good straight stitch machine. One thing I wish I did have is an auto cutter. Good luck in your search. MC-HNY
peace
I couldve written what you wrote as that is exactly how I feel too except my machine is an Artista 180. I love my artista as it is a good solid machine but I really want something with a larger throat. I love my needle up/down feature but I think my next machine will need to be more of a workhorse and be able to go through many layers and I am like you as I wouldnt want all the fancy stitches as I mainly have only used the straight stitch but I would still keep my Bernina. Initially i fell in lust with the Horizon 7700 but when I reall thought about it I dont feel it is the machine for me..at the moment I am leaning towards the HQ Sweet sixteen sit down....but need to do more research.