Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me identify, please? >

Help me identify, please?

Help me identify, please?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 AM

The rectangular items are more for tapestry/needlepoint and the smaller rounds and ovals are for embroidery or cross-stitch. (some of the rectangular will work for that too) and the big oval is for quilting. And not exclusively for hand quilting. I've heard of people placing the sandwich in the hoop and then machine FMQ it.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:00 AM

Yeah I wouldn't mind a road trip for some of those hoops and some crabs and of course maryland corn.. message me if you want to get rid of them.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 AM

it looks like the box of things in my sewing room. one of them is an oval quilting frame with it's stand,. I have bought several at yard sales and was so thankful because they are pricey to buy. I agree with checking out your assisted living residences, if you are giving them away.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jennalyn
So... what exactly is this box full of? I'm going to assume that it's a hand quilting setup of some sort, maybe? I received it from a friend's mother along with a ton of fabric. The fabric I can use, but I don't do any handwork. If I knew what it was, I could offer it up on Freecycle or something similar. Thanks!
Why don't I see what you are showing? This has been happening to me today. There are little squares where pictures are supposed to be, but no pictures. Drats, I just know I am missing out on something really neat! Edie
Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lindsey
Yeah I wouldn't mind a road trip for some of those hoops and some crabs and of course maryland corn.. message me if you want to get rid of them.
Not trying to hijack the thread here...but where in Bucks Co. are you?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:52 AM

I had several interested parties message me from Freecycle, the first of which is actually taking them to an assisted living community where she works. :) Thank you for your help, everyone! They're going home with her tonight.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:56 AM

Depending on how thick the hoops are, they look like hand quilting hoops. If they are thin, and therefore can't possibly accommodate the thickness of a quilt, they are embroidery hoops.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:16 AM
JS

They are frames for quilting etc. If you decide to get rid of them let me know. i would love to have them.
Thanks,
Jean
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Look like tapestry/embroidery frames!! The square one is definitely a tapestry frame, you slot the tapestry into the frame, then roll it as you work design.
I was going to say cross-stitch frame. Is tapestry in the UK the same as cross-stitch in the US?
I think that tapestry may be needlepoint in UK.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 AM

Jennalyn, I looked up an embroidery guild in your area of MD and found one. The hoops in your box are mostly for embroidery projects and you could contact this lady and her EGA group to see if they would like to have them. If you would like to be paid for them, tell her, she would know the value, I am sure. Contact:

[email protected] at Centreville, MD or

http:www.marega.org/easternshore.html

Let us know if you reach her. I will look at a map and see where both of your towns are located. Hope the embroidery guild members can use them, EGA members are always looking for new hoops to use.

Carol J.