Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it! >

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
Help! This morning, my cat...the darling little putz...knocked over my quilting hoop and peed on the quilt I am making for my step-sister's first baby. DH caught it pretty quickly and has blotted it up and used Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy-Power...but darling kitty has a very pungent pee...think skunk crossed with fresh cut juniper. Since it appears that MANY of us have cats, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? The quilt in question is the one in my picture. I appreciate any help!
I have a recipe for cat soup!
Okay. I thought it was funny but maybe some folks won't. They have this stuff called Urine be gone. It might help.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:37 AM

I don't have cats, but I know that Massengill douche works with skunk smell which is worse than cat pee so I would give that a try as it will be gentle to the quilt. Buy some in the supermarket pronto. Don't let that sit too long.
Good Luck! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
Help! This morning, my cat...the darling little putz...knocked over my quilting hoop and peed on the quilt I am making for my step-sister's first baby. DH caught it pretty quickly and has blotted it up and used Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy-Power...but darling kitty has a very pungent pee...think skunk crossed with fresh cut juniper. Since it appears that MANY of us have cats, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? The quilt in question is the one in my picture. I appreciate any help!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 AM

I have used Anti-Icky-Poo it takes out odors.
I have a cat that likes to pee by my patio door I think she doesn't like the critters she sees outside. Marking her territory.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 AM

I have heard very good things about Anti-Icky-Poo also. Good Luck!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:12 AM

I tried this on carpet and it really works:
http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm
Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 AM

I don't know if I'd feel real comfortable with giving it a gift. After all, it is a baby. Your sister's baby. I would do it all over. It is a lesson learned the hard way, but not likely forgotten. I say, salvage what you can and start over. Double time! And keep this one tucked away taken out only for working on.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 AM

there is washing instructions I found on-line.....using hydrogen peroxide....think I googled "removing cat urine from fabrics"
Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 AM

My cat was quite old (20 years) and she peed on my bed several times and I used Fresh 'n Clean (cat odor & stain eliminator) and I had no problem with odor or stain. After she peed on my bed four times in one night I knew it was a sign she was really old and I had to have her uthinized. I sure do miss her. She had been a wonderful cat until she got so old.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 AM

My cat was quite old (20 years) and she peed on my bed several times and I used Fresh 'n Clean (cat odor & stain eliminator) and I had no problem with odor or stain. After she peed on my bed four times in one night I knew it was a sign she was really old and I had to have her uthinized. I sure do miss her. She had been a wonderful cat until she got so old.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:27 AM

Sorry to hear...
I can imagine your frustration. Our cat peed in a corner of our office, and we tried everything. It was a long time ago, so bet some of the products mentioned ahead of this are available now, which weren't then. Eventually it left, after repeated treatings with carpet cleaner.
Maybe your vet would have some suggestions, but bet the ones mentioned would be great. I do know that cat pee can be very hard to get out. I think it is Ammonia which their urine produces that makes it so; not sure on that, but pretty sure!!
Merry Christmas!
Mariah.