Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  Need ideas for this crazy thing I want to do..... >

Help! Need ideas for this crazy thing I want to do.....

Help! Need ideas for this crazy thing I want to do.....

Old 12-12-2013, 06:07 AM

You need to get rid of the ring. Only then can you go forward with your life. It has been 12 years since your divorce.
If you don't want to sell that ring, donate it to charity. I am sure the money for it could do a lot of good.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey View Post
When I divorced in 2001, I kept my wedding ring since I wasn't sure what else to do with it. I have considered selling it when the price of gold was high but just never got around to it.....but here's my idea. I'm a crafter and quilter who loves, loves, loves using "found" or "weird" objects in small quilts.... So how could I use my ring? It's simple white gold with no stones. I would love to incorporate it into a picture or an abstract quilt of some sort, wall-size, not bed size.

I appreciate your ideas, the crazier the better.....logical ideas wanted, too!

Thanks!!!!!

First idea that popped into my head was to use it as a hanger------to hold a key or a charm. You'd have to get a jump ring to attach, but that's how I'd go. It would not be a highlighted item, just an accessory.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by mannem View Post
You need to get rid of the ring. Only then can you go forward with your life. It has been 12 years since your divorce.
If you don't want to sell that ring, donate it to charity. I am sure the money for it could do a lot of good.

IMO, there is no reason to get rid of the ring. Mine went to my DD, I had her birthstone set into it. And she gave me a ring from her first husband that makes a neat little pinky ring for me (not a wedding ring, though)
Old 12-12-2013, 07:46 AM

You could make a farm scene and use it for a nose ring on a bull.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:54 AM

I think it would look lovely as a halo for an angel.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by mannem View Post
Sounds to me, as if she HAS gone forward with her life. Unless it causes her pain to look at it, there's no reason to get rid of it (unless that's what she wants to do). We are what we are, because of where we've been.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:09 AM

I don't have any suggestions but the creative ideas being put out there are wonderful !! I love this board !
Old 12-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

My rings were stolen. I was going to take them and have them soldered into one. Whatever you decide is totally your decision. I would give it to my kids.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 AM

I think I would either gift it to a daughter who may appreciate it, or have it made into a dressy ring for myself. I wouldn't use it in a quilt. Just mho.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:28 AM

Default Ring

[QUOTE=teacherbailey;6451025]When I divorced in 2001, I kept my wedding ring since I wasn't sure what else to do with it. I have considered selling it when the price of gold was high but just never got around to it.....but here's my idea. I'm a crafter and quilter who loves, loves, loves using "found" or "weird" objects in small quilts.... So how could I use my ring? It's simple white gold with no stones. I would love to incorporate it into a picture or an abstract quilt of some sort, wall-size, not bed size.

I appreciate your ideas, the crazier the better.....logical ideas wanted, too!

Use it to weave yard or other fibers such as fabric tubes in and out of (like a web). It could be off center with stitching at edges to hold it in place on a coordinating fabric. The opening could be "peekaboo" for something special, such as another jewel or embroidery. I can see this as a wall hanging, purse front, or throw pillow.

Last edited by Judi; 12-12-2013 at 08:30 AM.