Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help with new iron >

help with new iron

help with new iron

Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 AM

Default help with new iron

Need some help I want to buy a new Iron because the one I have just doesn' t stay hot enough. Any body know what to buy that is now expensive want one the has good steam and doesn't always shut off.
Deb
Old 05-24-2012, 10:35 AM

I have a Rowenta and it has lasted a long time--maybe 10 years--but I don't put water in it as it doesn't steam any more. I wish I never put water in it. I use a spray bottle of water or Best Press. I think using steam wears the iron out. Especially since I have well water. I think I've just been lucky with my iron after reading all the stories here. I think when it goes, I will get a inexpensive Black & Decker at WM.
Sue
Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 AM

I like my cheap light weight one. I use a spray bottle for steam.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 AM

I just bought a new Rowenta from JoAnn's. I have had 3 previous Rowenta irons and the first one lasted a really long time, but the next two lasted less than a year each. Someone told me to look where they were made. (I still had them to give to a friend's husband who loves tinkering with small appliances.) The long lasting one was made in Germany, the next two in China. JoAnn's sells both, so I just made sure the iron said "Made in Germany". The reason I like them is that they get really hot and they have a lot more steam holes than others. If you use a coupon, you can buy them fairly reasonably.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

We have had many discussions on irons very recently so trying putting "Iron" into the search feature and you will probably get lots of good info. I like the Black and Decker Digital Advantage.