Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with new machine >

Help with new machine

Help with new machine

Old 04-27-2010, 03:43 PM

I used to sell sewing machines and found the easiest thing to do was use the manual while sitting in front of the machine. Get a note book and jot down questions. Staple samples in it and write down the settings used. I personally don't own an embroidery machine but the Bernina would be my first choice when it comes to embriodery. You can do it!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM

Saw today that HSN has a special Singer sewing machine and Singer serger for one price of $599.99 with n/shp.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
som

bvillie
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32 PM

please someone help me i just bought a new brother he240 machine with usb port and i am trying to down load a design and dont know how jillie
Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 PM

I also have a 440QE with embroidery module. I just love it. and I went very slow. I have mastered the embroidery module. it was easier than I thought once I got the computor programmed,. THe BSR is giving me troubles. My stitches dont look correct. but practice will make perfect.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM

thank you im not real sure about what to do on the computer iguess il just have to to keep trying jillie
Old 04-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I was very overwhelmed with my first embroidery machine...the embroidery module alone made me :shock: cringe in fear....
I finally took it out, chose a very simple design, went through the manual as I hooped, chose threads and "just went for it" After a few trial and errors, we have become friends :D:D:D

Maybe joining one of the yahoo groups geared toward your machine will give you the information and support to get you comfortable with this machine and all of it's bells and whistles :D:D:D
I need to do that, I have never even used mine
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM

I bought the 430 a few years back. Used it quite a bit at first, was comfortable with the BSR and the machine, then got busy with life and didn't use it for a year or so. OMG I felt like an idiot. I started using it again after my dealer finally had weekend classes. It's like riding a bicycle, it comes back to you real quick. I thought my bobin winder motor was out....called the dealer and found out my motor speed affects the bobbin winder...duh!!!! I think most of the dealers are very helpful and want you to master the machine. Anyway, we all feel stupid at times, just get it out and use it!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Momwood, I can help, I have the 640 also. PM me and I'll give you my email addy and we can take it from there.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:21 PM

I have a Bernina 440QE and I love it. It doesn't have embroidery, I never have gotten into that. If you can't get to take classes from a Bernina dealer, there is a Yahoo group for Bernina owners. If you join that group, there are links to different stores that have uploaded master class books. You could go through these books to get ideas on how to use your machine.

FREE Quilting Newsletter