Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with new machine >

Help with new machine

Help with new machine

Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 AM

I think if you go out on the Bernina website you will find classes on line...you will love this machine, I haven't read all the comments, I have a BL and have worked on the Bernina's at the shop I work at...i think the front loading bobbin is great don't have to move my hoop when I run out, the BSR is awesome it's a stitch regulator for free motion quilting. You can also get free designs for the embroidery off the website. if you want i can PM you a list of other websites that have free embroidery designs.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:12 AM

I have a Bernia 200 and 730. They are wonderful and you will love the embroidery. I will help you if you want to email me personally at [email protected]. Put Bernina Help in the message area. I am working today at my job but will gladly help you if I can.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM

that embroidery module is the best... I was so excited the other day whe I made a fleece throw for a friend of mine. The one where you just tie the ends. Well WhenI was all done. It was purple camo, it looked plain. So I got out the module and went to work... I put a RED rose and the words maggie on it .... Wow did that ever look great. It was so fun.. I do not have enough hours in the day to create what I really want to . Whomever has one,they are sooooo much fun.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Autumn Quilts
I think if you go out on the Bernina website you will find classes on line...you will love this machine, I haven't read all the comments, I have a BL and have worked on the Bernina's at the shop I work at...i think the front loading bobbin is great don't have to move my hoop when I run out, the BSR is awesome it's a stitch regulator for free motion quilting. You can also get free designs for the embroidery off the website. if you want i can PM you a list of other websites that have free embroidery designs.
I would love that.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 PM

I love this board. People are so friendly and helpful. The world needs more QUILTERS!!! :P
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 PM

Make getting to the classes a priority. The ones I had were great.

I believe you will love it once you get over the "fear".

I purchased a Bernina 240 about a year ago and love it. It does not have the features that you have but I have a Babylock embroidery machine etc on and on. Want to work up a trade?

Blessings,

Sharon
Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 PM

Go online to the Bernina site and they have lots of online classes that can help you familiarize yourself. I love both my Berninas.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 PM

I got my machine back and I was able to embroider my name! I know that isn't much but it is a start! YEA!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 AM

Hooray!! I started with a couple of names too! =) Going to try graphics this weekend.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Dkm

Everything has a beginning...look out now your on your way!!!!!!!!!

FREE Quilting Newsletter