Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with problem backing >

Help with problem backing

Help with problem backing

Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Banned

just remember to adhere to ALL the cautions on the spray basting can....many become highly ill when using it..so KNOW if you can tolerate the chemicals..and make sure the room is VERY well ventilated..not just an open window either..but a VERY open room. NO kids or pets in the house during the spraying or for a few hours after wards!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick View Post
I agree. Don't be tempted to pull too tight I'll spring back as soon as you take the tape and clips off. I always lay mine on the floor of the living room, a room we never use, so it can stay there for a few days if need be, and use T-pins to pin it to the carpet and then add the batting and then the top and pin away. The T-pins are easy to pull out, and won't hurt your carpet. The hard part is all the bending and crawling around on the floor. I'm not as young as I used to be. I have to give Alex Anderson credit for this method. I saw it once on Simply Quilts. The video may still be available on HGTV's website.
thanks for your reply and I think that is what I did, pulled it too tight. I will have a look at the video and also try the basting spray. Ah well, looks like I have to unpin and redo, but at least I don't have to undo stitching. Thanks every one for your advice I knew I could count on you all.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
just remember to adhere to ALL the cautions on the spray basting can....many become highly ill when using it..so KNOW if you can tolerate the chemicals..and make sure the room is VERY well ventilated..not just an open window either..but a VERY open room. NO kids or pets in the house during the spraying or for a few hours after wards!
Thank you for this tip, will be very careful when using.