Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! Question on Bernina 730 >

Help! Question on Bernina 730

Help! Question on Bernina 730

Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter2B
I have a 730E and YES it can use the .pes designs and yes it also uses a usb jump drive. If you are using Bernina V4 software, you can't read anything in V5 or V6 (just like any other software program) I don't have a "card" for mine and just dump my designs to the jump drive (i just bought another jump drive so that I can work on the computer while the machine is busy). My DH bought my machine on ebay from a dealer (I'm not sure if it was a trade in, on consignment or someone couldn't make the payments); it had very little time on it but didn't come with much other than the Editor Lite V4. I've downloaded Embird (and other programs) but found without a manual/tutorial they are very difficult to work with. Good luck with your new machine. Stepping up from a 35 year old Kenmore ZigZag - I LOVE mine!!!
Thanks for the info. Sadie (my machine) is now at home, and I am slowly learning all about her. According to my Bernina dealer she reads most design formats. I have tried PES, XXX, HUS and a few more and they open every time. Cool, huh? :thumbup:
I am definitely loving the 730, it does so much! My 440 was an awesome machine, but ya gotta love the extra little features on the 730. Love the automatic thread cutter at the end of embroidery design colors and during regular sewing. Also the auto threader is so much better in the 730!