Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Should I border or leave alone?

What a cute theme. Leaning lighthouses and all things nautical. Whatever you decide will be fine. Would like to see this when it's quilted. Good job.

Cynthia

I would not put a border on your quilt. It looks fine. You have made a beautiful quilt. Jeanniebelle

Blog Entries
    How cute!! I love it. Looks great just the way it is. Let us know what you decide. Will love to see the pics.

Love the movement in this quilt! I would just bind it unless you want it bigger. great job!

I love it, so much fun. I would leave it alone, nothing needed. If your looking for someone who needs it, you can always send it to me. LOL

Your quilt is so cute and the designer has a wonderful personality as expressed in her patterns. I love her designs. Thanks for sharing.

This is so beautiful, I like it just the way it is. I would love to know the pattern name also as someone else asked. It looks difficult, is it appliqued? Thanks for sharing such an uplifting quilt with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    do a piano key border using all the colors

Looks great as is to me!

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    Awesome quilt! I agree, it's fine as is, but if you need to make it larger, I think a piano key border would look great. I'll attach a picture of a quilt I did with similar colors to give you an idea of how it looks.
    OMG I love your quilt. I am going to make several inches of piano border and see how it looks. Problem is I started this quilt 3 years ago and just got around to finishing (my New Year resolution) so not sure I still have all the fabrics except the blues, but going to dig into the pile and see.

Is your quilt from a pattern?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
    Awesome quilt! I agree, it's fine as is, but if you need to make it larger, I think a piano key border would look great. I'll attach a picture of a quilt I did with similar colors to give you an idea of how it looks.
    OMG I love your quilt. I am going to make several inches of piano border and see how it looks. Problem is I started this quilt 3 years ago and just got around to finishing (my New Year resolution) so not sure I still have all the fabrics except the blues, but going to dig into the pile and see.

You don't need to use the same exact fabrics. Just get similar colors and it will blend nicely! Mine is from a pattern. It's called Beach Cottages, and here is a link to the pattern. http://www.etsy.com/listing/61987488...lt-pattern-pdf

I love borders but I would leave it alone. There is so much going on in the quilt and you don't want to detract from that.

I think I saw this quilt featured in a magazine at one time?????

You don't need to use the same exact fabrics. Just get similar colors and it will blend nicely! Mine is from a pattern. It's called Beach Cottages, and here is a link to the pattern. http://www.etsy.com/listing/61987488...lt-pattern-pdf

sooo cute. I like a wider border, but that is me.

Blog Entries
    It can either stand alone or add a border. Very nice top!!

Exactly my thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie in NM
    I'd do a scrappy BINDING with left over fab from blocks. That will jazz it up

Quote Originally Posted by Jo M
    I usually like a border, but this is one that doesn't need it. I'd leave it just like it is. It's really cute!
    Ditto!

Sometimes with batiks you can get away with close but not exact matches. Particularly if you have some of the original fabrics in there too. I could send you some scraps if you tell me what size piano keys you want to do and give me an idea of the colors you prefer.

I'm seeing the green dot that you used in the lighthouse in the second row as a border. I think that would look great as a border or binding.

It really doesn't need a border but if you want one I would put a small one of orange to make the colors pop.

What a COOL Quilt!! I love theose funky lighthouses! I am of the outer borders are better school, so I say border it!I just think it looks more finished.

Unless you desire it to be larger I would leave it alone. I think it was designed to be a simple binding, so it didn't detract from the whimsical lighthouses.

I like the piano key border with a blue outer border- it is really cute!!

If it's the size you want it, I'd go with it the way it is. Looks great.

wow, that's a great quilt :thumbup:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast