Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help with sticky mess >

help with sticky mess

help with sticky mess

Old 10-08-2016, 06:24 PM

Goof Off is the one to use. It will take off that sticky stuff on medicine bottles. Good luck!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:49 PM

Lowes employees told my son they tried every thing in the store to remove sticker and tape glue. This is the best they found. Spray it on and leave it for a few minutes. Then whip it off, but you have to “let it work its thing”. I used it on a FW table to remove a long time sticker after removing the top of the sticker. I also removed gum from the leg of my pants with it, took it all off. You better like the orange smell, use sparely.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
Lowes employees told my son they tried every thing in the store to remove sticker and tape glue. This is the best they found. Spray it on and leave it for a few minutes. Then whip it off, but you have to “let it work its thing”. I used it on a FW table to remove a long time sticker after removing the top of the sticker. I also removed gum from the leg of my pants with it, took it all off. You better like the orange smell, use sparely.
Hi Phyllis nm, what is the name of the product? I'd love to find some.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:58 AM

try rubbing it over with...PEANUT BUTTER... let set and wipe it off and wash with warm soapy water... works like a charm...
Old 10-09-2016, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
Lowes employees told my son they tried every thing in the store to remove sticker and tape glue. This is the best they found. Spray it on and leave it for a few minutes. Then wipe it off, but you have to “let it work its thing”. I used it on a FW table to remove a long time sticker after removing the top of the sticker. I also removed gum from the leg of my pants with it, took it all off. You better like the orange smell, use sparingly.
You probably wrote this in answer to another post, but we don't know the name of the product. I don't know of anything that has an "orange" smell.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

I used alcohol wipes to get sticky off the glass and wood of our new t.v. console.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:02 AM

As posted by Onebyone. UnDo is the only product that will take any sticker off anything. You can wet a photo in it and it will not harm it. I use it for everything sticky or stuck. It dries fast. I'm amazed that so many have no idea about this product.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
According to the website, use Murphy's Oil Soap.
Murphy's is the best and easiest way to clean up sticky residue, love this stuff for all kinds of household cleaning. Wish I could find it in a 1/2 gal. jug.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:04 AM

Hand Santizer will do the trick.....
Old 10-09-2016, 07:13 AM

Any oily product, even peanut butter will work, you will have to rub it some. I use regular sewing oil at our shop, but at home, usually cooking oil. Tiny bit goes a long way...Rub it into the basting spray and let it sit there for about 10 minutes...now, add a drop or two of dawn dish soap...rub that into the oily mess...should wash the spray off...you may have to repeat. Goo gone is pretty harsh, and when I tried it on a Dritz ruler...faded the lines on one end. My favorite ruler...now I have to replace it..phoey.

Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
I carelessly got Dritz blasting spray on my favorite acrylic ruler and now it is so sticky its awful. I tried using goo gone but it did nothing. Anyone have any advice . I don't want to ruin my ruler