Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with tension please >

Help with tension please

Help with tension please

Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 PM

Default Help with tension please

I wonder if one of you clever ladies could help me with the tension problem I am having with my Janome Meory Craft 4000. I have had to set the tension to "9" which is the tightest it will go and also put gauze around my spool of thread. Wthout this my bobbin thread will just pull out with the slightest tug. I have had the machine for quite some years now and it has never given me a minutes trouble till now. I do hope someone has a clue for me as the cost of a service is out of my price range at the moment. I do keep the machine nice and clean.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Craftygirl View Post
I wonder if one of you clever ladies could help me with the tension problem I am having with my Janome Meory Craft 4000. I have had to set the tension to "9" which is the tightest it will go and also put gauze around my spool of thread. Wthout this my bobbin thread will just pull out with the slightest tug. I have had the machine for quite some years now and it has never given me a minutes trouble till now. I do hope someone has a clue for me as the cost of a service is out of my price range at the moment. I do keep the machine nice and clean.
It sounds like you may not have the bobbin thread threaded right. It may also be that the bobbin isn't wound right. Try a different bobbin.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 PM

Thank you, I'll go try that right now.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. I tried a couple of bobbins and rewound one as well. All seems to be fitting as usual. Gave the whole thing another good clean.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

Is there a piece of thread stuck in the tension discs? It might be the spool of thread, try a different one and see if that helps. With the bobbin thread being able to be pulled right out, it seems like the top thread is being pulled to the back. Is there too much tension in your bobbin? Can the bobbin case be adjusted? On my Bernina there is a tiny screw and it goes tighty righty or lefty lousy.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This seems to have fixed it. There were two tiny screws on the bobbin case and I loosened them both by half a turn. Tried the tension back on "auto" and away we go. I so appreciate your help.