Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: HELP - Trying to quilt with a Brother Pacesetter ULT2003D

Question HELP - Trying to quilt with a Brother Pacesetter ULT2003D

I just bought a Brother Pacesetter ULT2003D with the quilting table attachment. I have followed the directions for setting up the machine and the suggested stitch settings. I cannot get it to work! I have tried fixing the tension, adjusting the stitch length, stitch height, and changing the thread. I don't know what else to do. I'm wanting to do free-motion quilting. Any suggestions would be more than appreciated!!! Thank you!

Blog Entries
    what exactly is happening? Tension issues? fabric bunching??? can you post a picture? Basically to do free motion quilting you would follow the instructions for darning. Often just lower the feed dogs and use a special foot. The stitch length is controlled by you moving the fabric.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Thank you. The top thread is not catching with the bobbin - when I sew the needle and top thread go through but do not catch with the bobbin so I'm not getting any stitches. I will see what the directions are for darning with the machine and try that.

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Are you sure you have the presser foot down?
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Yes - the presser foot is down - my machine will not sew if it is up. I have read that I need to set the stitch length to 0 - but the machine will not allow me to. Any suggestions? I'm going to look back online to see if I can find any information. I did try sewing again - I took an hour break from it and walked away - and then I lowered the tension - and it did sew! Finally! I just need to figure out the stitch length now.

Did you buy this at a chain store or a sewing machine dealer? If so, go back to the dealership. If not, call Brothers. Maybe they can determine if there is a physical problem with the sewing machine.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I bought it from a friend. She is unable to help me right now because she is out of town.

Power Poster
    Does the machine stitch alright with regular sewing? Try it to see and if it doesn't sew regularly I think it may be a timing issue which has to go for repair.

I think I got it to work! I had to choose a different stitch to use where I could set the stitch length to 0. WOOHOO!!! Thank you all for your suggestions!

Did you lower the feed dogs what type of foot are you using? I agree with PaperPrincess?
    Your signature ID: 54489-296-2CF6E9BBE4DB9B078ACCB9FB17BC3416

I have that same machine. What stitch did you use to set it to 0?

On my Bailey home quilter that happened when I had bobbin in backwards or upside down (however you wanna say it- the bobbin thread came off the bobbin in the wrong direction). As soon as I corrected that it worked fine.