Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Helping Japan

  1. #1
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,487
    Permit me to call your attention to the request for quilts to comfort victims of the tragedy in Japan, posted under "donations". Let's all pitch in to send some help & hope!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    737
    I already did close to a dozen. They will be sent to Japan thru the Binky Patrol Organization.

  3. #3
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,487
    AmaZING!! gOOD FOR YOU!

  4. #4
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,038
    I will check it out Dotty!

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York City/Manhattan
    Posts
    1,325
    Luana Rubin of equilter.com is also heading up a major effort, collecting quilts and getting them to Japan.

  6. #6
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,666
    As is Quilters Newsletter magazine. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-108734-1.htm

  7. #7
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    As is Quilters Newsletter magazine. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-108734-1.htm
    Thanks girl! Some might find this a strange question, but I think you'll understand it. Do you happen to know the Japanese meaning of colors or do you know where I could find such a thing. My searches have not gotten me the info I'm looking for.

  8. #8
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,487
    I looked up flags of Japan, and found white w red. Also gold & purple on some. And of course cherry blossoms. Which reminded me I have some cherry blossom fabric so I will dig that out!

  9. #9
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    As is Quilters Newsletter magazine. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-108734-1.htm
    Thanks girl! Some might find this a strange question, but I think you'll understand it. Do you happen to know the Japanese meaning of colors or do you know where I could find such a thing. My searches have not gotten me the info I'm looking for.
    Try here: http://www.temarikai.com/meaningoftraditionalcolors.htm
    http://webdesign.about.com/od/colorc...lorculture.htm

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,922
    Blog Entries
    1
    hold a raffle instead and send the money for food and water..they need that more!

    also that topic was removed because it was not the appropriate place to solicit.

  11. #11
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    hold a raffle instead and send the money for food and water..they need that more!

    also that topic was removed because it was not the appropriate place to solicit.
    What topic was removed? The QNM effort is in support of a direct request from a Japanese quilting magazine. The distribution system is set up and is backed by reliable and well known companies. No one is soliciting anything and the link I posted for that particular thread has not been removed..

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,922
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    hold a raffle instead and send the money for food and water..they need that more!

    also that topic was removed because it was not the appropriate place to solicit.
    What topic was removed? The QNM effort is in support of a direct request from a Japanese quilting magazine. The distribution system is set up and is backed by reliable and well known companies. No one is soliciting anything and the link I posted for that particular thread has not been removed..
    nope different thread...right now there are too many threads all leading to the same thing...

  13. #13
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    As is Quilters Newsletter magazine. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-108734-1.htm
    Thanks girl! Some might find this a strange question, but I think you'll understand it. Do you happen to know the Japanese meaning of colors or do you know where I could find such a thing. My searches have not gotten me the info I'm looking for.
    Try here: http://www.temarikai.com/meaningoftraditionalcolors.htm
    http://webdesign.about.com/od/colorc...lorculture.htm
    Thanks, the 2nd link was kinda what I was looking for. :thumbup:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.