Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
heres an idea: >

heres an idea:

heres an idea:

Old 07-27-2011, 04:58 PM

I just read through a post about how some people who are gifted with our quilts dont like/want them. How about this, start collecting fabric from clothing - if you have it around, like"the smock I wore to the hospital to have you", "the blouse I wore home". "The dress I wore for my going to my honeymoon, I wore this the first day of your school, YOU wore this the first day of school" things like that. Then, find a simple scrap type pattern you can work on pull out put up, this quilt will travel with you through life. Keep a journal, tape a bit of fabric from each piece of clothing and write a page explaining what happened when you wore this clothing.
Finish it when you feel old and grey and ready to lay down and then, when you die, you can sit back on a cloud and watch your quilt snubbing family fight over it - when its about them, I know people are suddenly interested lol sharet
Old 07-27-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by arimuse
I just read through a post about how some people who are gifted with our quilts dont like/want them. How about this, start collecting fabric from clothing - if you have it around, like"the smock I wore to the hospital to have you", "the blouse I wore home". "The dress I wore for my going to my honeymoon, I wore this the first day of your school, YOU wore this the first day of school" things like that. Then, find a simple scrap type pattern you can work on pull out put up, this quilt will travel with you through life. Keep a journal, tape a bit of fabric from each piece of clothing and write a page explaining what happened when you wore this clothing.
Finish it when you feel old and grey and ready to lay down and then, when you die, you can sit back on a cloud and watch your quilt snubbing family fight over it - when its about them, I know people are suddenly interested lol sharet
:XD: :XD: :XD:
Old 07-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

That's a pretty neat idea. My family and friends love quilts so no snobs here.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 PM

That's a good idea...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:22 PM

it is like when you give someone a gift( a quilt WOW) and they don't like it. You have done your part. The counter to this is when you make 1 for your #3 son's wedding gift. OMG, They divorice. Now the new Mrs. and son decide they should bring the quilt back to you. They have funny "feelings about it". It hung around and hung around so.....Son #2's x-wife was at the house to get my gr son and I gave it to her. She didn't feel funny about it at all, in fact she loved it. OMG OMG Son#3/Mrs were upset. I was in soooooo much trouble. I finally got it right when I made son #3/Mrs a set of twin quilts. What did they want me to do with it? I found it a new home. OHHH WEll. I know that doesn't fix your situation, but they are not quilt people and they don't have a clue what a quilt is, does...the thought, work, planning. It is total rejection and I am sorry this happened to you.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:22 PM

it is like when you give someone a gift( a quilt WOW) and they don't like it. You have done your part. The counter to this is when you make 1 for your #3 son's wedding gift. OMG, They divorice. Now the new Mrs. and son decide they should bring the quilt back to you. They have funny "feelings about it". It hung around and hung around so.....Son #2's x-wife was at the house to get my gr son and I gave it to her. She didn't feel funny about it at all, in fact she loved it. OMG OMG Son#3/Mrs were upset. I was in soooooo much trouble. I finally got it right when I made son #3/Mrs a set of twin quilts. What did they want me to do with it? I found it a new home. OHHH WEll. I know that doesn't fix your situation, but they are not quilt people and they don't have a clue what a quilt is, does...the thought, work, planning. It is total rejection and I am sorry this happened to you.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Double post. Sorry
Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 PM

cool idea....
Old 07-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Google Goddess

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-27-2011, 06:38 PM

Life is short...and quilts need a home that appreciates them!