Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hi. New here and needing major help. >

Hi. New here and needing major help.

Hi. New here and needing major help.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:09 AM

ChristyH! I read that you have another green that matches but does not have the gold on it! Do you FMQ? If you do FMQ, I would try using a gold thread (I'm sure there is a gold thread for quilting out there) and FMQ a similar design onto the green fabric. You may not need much but just enough to help it match. I wish you luck. These types of things happen all the time and we just have to take a deep breath and figure out how we may make it work.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Have you partially assembled the quilt yet?
I actually think quilts look better with assorted fabrics, so if you are able to sprinkle a similar fabric throughout, you may find it actually enhances the quilt. 😁

https://imgur.com/a/pZ7ENo9

This is it put together. I was rolling right along, not realizing that my plan to “just run to Joann’s after work on Monday to get more green” wasn’t any option.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:01 AM

I would use the alternate green on the remaining blocks, top quarter and bottom quarter, sort of ombre look.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by DebLuvsQuiltng View Post
I would use the alternate green on the remaining blocks, top quarter and bottom quarter, sort of ombre look.

That is one of my plans. I’m also sort of afraid to do anything else because I know in my heart of hearts as soon as I make a decision, I’ll come home to someone selling an Entire bolt of it. Lol
Old 05-24-2022, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bardy View Post
ChristyH! I read that you have another green that matches but does not have the gold on it! Do you FMQ? If you do FMQ, I would try using a gold thread (I'm sure there is a gold thread for quilting out there) and FMQ a similar design onto the green fabric. You may not need much but just enough to help it match. I wish you luck. These types of things happen all the time and we just have to take a deep breath and figure out how we may make it work.

I promise im breathing. Lol. But that is a very interesting suggestion. I’m going to talk to my mom and see if she thinks it’s a feasible work around since she does the quilting. Thank you!
Old 05-24-2022, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
Hi. I’m new here. I’m not really great at quilting but what I lack in skill I make up for on enthusiasm. Unfortunately I tend to jump feet first so now I’m desperately trying to find 1.5 yard of a discontinued Joanns Exclusive Keepsake Calico Dark Green Marble Blender Glitter fabric to finish a quilt top.

I’m just so annoyed with myself right now and I feel like surely there’s somewhere I haven’t looked to find this.
Special fabric can be found on eBay, Etsy or even on Walmarts online store. I wish you luck!
Old 05-25-2022, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Veronicalynn_16 View Post
Special fabric can be found on eBay, Etsy or even on Walmarts online store. I wish you luck!

thanks! I need it! Lol