Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby Fabric >

Hobby Lobby Fabric

Hobby Lobby Fabric

Old 06-16-2014, 04:41 PM

I have used Hobby Lobby fabric. Some of it is very nice. Just like everywhere else, you have to watch what you buy. Never had a problem with anything I have used from them.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 PM

for HL fabric.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:48 PM

I find that HL fabric does seem more consistently to be nicer than JoAnn's or Hancocks, and their fabric dept staff seems much more friendly than JoAnn's (and quicker). On the negative, like the other 2 chains, their coupons are bogus cause it's only on regular priced stuff and most stuff is on sale, plus there doesn't seem to be much change of fabric. But more importantly for me, I will not again spend $$ there because of their stance on women's reproductive health issues--which I don't think any employer has the right to dictate--they don't with male health issues.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:39 PM

I like their fabric, just they don't carry a wide selection to me so that's the only issue I have with them, but the quality on the ones I have purchased doesn't seem bad
Old 06-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

I always check their fabric when we go there. I have used it and it works just fine for me. Just as good or better than I get at Hancocks.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:51 PM

quiltingshorttimer, I'm quite the opposite, I shop there when I have to because of their Christian values. My husband even told me after he heard of their values that he doesn't care how much I spend there. But I don't shop there much unless I need something quick, as I don't really care for their fabrics.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:21 PM

Kim, I just love your avatar. The small one looks a lot like my Missy when she was a whole lot younger. She was a rescue. My son was told she was part Jack Russell and part Sheltie. He told me she looked like a small Collie when he brought her home. Cute dogs you have.

Ladibug
Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 PM

I asked a clerk in HL fabric department and she told me that much of their fabric is their own line. I found it to be just fine in most cases to make charity quilts. I use LQS fabric only in my heirloom quilts.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:01 PM

I adore Hobby Lobby for the very fact that it is the ONE store that I can go in with Hubs and not have to hear " are you almost done?" 500 times, because the second we go in he is off to look at other crafty / leather working / wood working things and it is usually ME that has to go looking for HIM !
Old 06-17-2014, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

I just wanted to say one thing about fabric. Just because their is the name Quilt Shop on a building does not mean that their fabric is top quality. For a while I worked selling fabric in a retail store. We had a local LQS owner come in and buy a few bolts of our fabric that was on sale and resell it in her shop. I have had good experience with fabric at Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Hancocks, some at WalMart and also at the LQS and also some on line. I think you have to check out the fabric department and decide for yourself. I don't buy much on line because I like to see and feel the fabric quality. Good luck and congratulations on your new place to shop.