Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hobby Lobby

There is a Hobby Lobby in Fort Myers, about 1 mile west of Exit 136 on I-75. For specific directions, PM me and you could look at the one here with a fairly easy trip of about an hour or so.
    Sally

I've shopped at Hobby Lobby for years. Our closest one is about 30 miles away but I do get over there every now and then. Be sure to sign up for their coupons. Love all the variety they carry. I like their fabric dept very much.

I am totally intrigued with HL. First off, our store is pretty large. I have been in there after a few holidays and the sales are fantastic. I have purchased fabric in there and been very happy with it. What I want to do, is take a trip to HL and spend an afternoon just walking up and down the aisles. There is so much there to see, and when I take hubby he is always in such a hurry. My daughter says there is another one, that is even bigger, up closer to where she lives and we are planning a HL afternoon, just the two of us!!
    Amythyst

I believe Hobby Lobby will accept competitors coupons - I know Joanns, Hancock and Michaels do
    Fabaddict

Consider yourself very fortunate to be getting a Hobby Lobby. The diversity of merchandise is fabulous, the fabric is mostly very good quality and the seasonal and home-dec items are many and diverse for all likes. There is not much in the line of crafts that you can't find there. I used to drive 80 miles to go to one in CO. Now, here in WV, none. AC Moore is here but can't compare.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Blog Entries
    I love Hobby Lobby! I have purchased fabric there and have always found it to be of good quality and reasonable price. But that is not the reason I love that store so much. It's everything else that they sell that keeps me going back! Crafts, beautiful decor items, silk florals, wedding necessities, art and framing services, holiday decorating, beads, paints, wood working, scrapbooking, well, you name it they've usually got it. You are going to love your new store!!!
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

Not as much fabric as Joanns, but a whole lot of other crafting stuff! I love Hobby Lobby!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Hobby Lobby is wonderful for all kinds of things that I occasionally need plus their fabric. I love their silk flowers!

Native Texan living in beautiful Arkansas
    Hobby Lobby started in Oklahoma City, OK back in the 1980's. They have always had high standards and good quality items. I think their fabric is a notch above most of the other stores.
    Take care of our earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!

I use Hobby Lobby quite frequently. They have sales every week. Most of there fabric is 30% off. But you can use there 40% off coupon that comes out weekly. The one here used to have a 70% - 80% off during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. But this pass holiday, they did not offer this great saving. They have savings on ribbons, tuille (check the spelling) and home decor fabric also. They do have an art section, scrapbook, floral arrangements and whatnots also. I love mines. I'm in there everyday that they are open, wherever I buy something or not browsing to see what's new. They even know me by name. They used to call me Martha Stewart Jr, I had to tell them my name.

Blog Entries
    We got our Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago. It has a lot of decorating stuff in it. They carry a few patterns and some notions. The fabric section is small but filled with great quilting cotton. I also enjoy their bead and yarn sections. You can print coupons from their website which I think are good for the week.

I went to a Hobby Lobby once. I was not impressed at all with their fabric department.

We have a great Hobby Lobby in my area. I shop there at least three times a month for fabric and other items. There prices seem quite reasonable, and with the discounts, even better. I don't have a smart phone, but many of my friends do, so I will pass the word. I don't always find the fabric I am looking for, but I do find a selection to us on future projects. More stash, just what we all need. GiGi
    Gigi

Being a snowbird, I spend the winters near Lk Havasu City, Az. & was thrilled to find a new Hobby Lobby there last season. I love their fabrics & it gave us more choices than Wal Mart & 2 very pricey LQSs.

Here in Wash. state, I thought I saw a Hobby Lobby in Tacoma while lost in a detour last summer. I Googled to find the exact address but it showed none. I did a "contact us" & got a reply that said HL is looking for a location for a store in Tacoma & plans to open 30 stores in various locations in the near future. I think that's great news.

Hobby Lobby has some pretty nice fabric - just not as much as a JoAnn's. I get their ad in my inbox every week and they always have a 40% off coupon that you can run off. Even if a particular fabric is on sale that week for 30% off, you can use your 40% coupon and you can use one coupon a day.

Our Hobby Lobby has better quality fabric than JoAnn's, but not as big a variety. They will special order fabric and allow you to use a 40% off coupon. JoAnn's will not. I have special ordered whole bolts of Kona cotton and gotten 40% off.

Norma

Thanks for the info, Neesie. I usually decide to stop at Hobby Lobby on the spur of the moment and don't have my coupon with me. Now that won't be a problem.

Norma

Watch the prices on the bolts! You may have a 7.95 cotton print sitting next to a 3.95 cotton print....their bolt pricing is all over the place, as is their fabric quality. My Sunday paper has a 40% of any one item coupon every Sunday. Oh, and HL is not open Sundays.
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

Blog Entries
    I really don't get out much so I have to depend on my pc to order stuff from. thats why I love the board so much you can get a lot of good fabrics some are real good prices.
    Ladyredhawk

I like Hobby Lobby fabrics much better than JoAnn's. I find their fabrics are all first quality and JoAnns is not. They
    carry fabrics from Kaufmanns, Michael Miller, Fabriquilt, Alexander Henry, Camelot to name a few top brands. They also have some that have their own name on them. If you sign up on line, you can get their ad every week via email. The ad always has a coupon and lately it is 40% off one item. If I have a fabric cut there I will tell them that I am using my coupon. They will mark the fabric at full price and my 40% will be deducted at the register. I will not use JoAnn fabrics in my quilts but I will use the fabrics I buy from Hobby Lobby.

I like it better than JoAnn's. I think the fabric is better quality and I always find something there I don't see other places. I just wish it was closer. I'm about 35 miles from it.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

In Houston, our Hobby Lobby stores had a really nice selection of fabric that was different from the chain fabric stores, but now they look like they're not replacing their stock. I've even asked if they were closing the section, but was told no. I don't know who the buyer is, but I fear it is a man who has never sewn and doesn't understand about keeping a large stock on hand.

I think fabric is better quality than Joann's. Though not as big of a selection. They have great sales and 40% off coupons on a regular basis...sign up for email alerts !!

Our Hobby Lobby has fabulous fabric. I have bought tons of it and have been very pleased with it. I also get the 40% off coupon in the Sunday paper and use that for various things. I actually think their fabric is better than Joann's.

Our HL has their quilter's cottons 30% off every week and will not let you use any coupon on it. I get a weekly email with a 40% off coupon and usually use it for batting or elsewhere in the store. Our notions department is very small. Our local paper just had a story that HL nationwide raised the pay of all full tlime employees to $13 to start; $10 for part timers.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast