Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby is my favorite store. We are getting one in Wausau which is 1 hour from me. I'm so excited. I love their fabric. And pretty much everything else in the store too!!

Blog Entries
    I don't have any problems/issues with the fabrics or other
    products that I buy there, my only problem is the SERVICE!

Last week when I was there only about 2-3 other customers
    were shopping. I was the ONLY person in the fabric dept and
    I could NOT get any help with cutting my fabric. I waited and
    rang the bell repeatedly for 20 minutes; after which I finally
    gave up put all my fabric away (I was being nice about doing that)
    and left the store after stopping at the checkout to complain
    on the lack of service.

This is NOT a one time thing either, it is almost every time I
    go there to shop.

I HOPE your new store will have much better service, all the stores
    (3 of them) that are in my area stink at service.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I like our Hobby Lobby, have bought plenty of fabric and have had no problems. Love the coupons. They carry a little bit of everything such as floral, seasonal merchandise and craft supplies, framing.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    The name fits the store. They are a large craft store here in my area, sewing, painting, beading leather crafts, flowers, framing, knitting, you name it. They have about any craft you want. I have to travel 85 miles to get to the one we have nearest. But whenever I am in that town I usually always go by. They are not just a fabric store. I can't speak about the comparision to JoAnns, because we don't have one near and I have never been in a JoAnns.

Blog Entries
    Hobby Lobby has nice seasonal fabrics.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

You can always get their coupon by visiting their website. I like some of their fabric and love all the variety they carry not just in fabric. Have fun shopping.
    Linda

Hobby Lobby has 50% off sales that rotate between different sections of the store. We got all the silk roses for my daughter's wedding there when they were on sale. The roses looked very real (I wanted to smell them), we could do them ahead, and we paid less than $200 for all her flowers! We also got candles and globes when they were 50% off and saved a bundle there. Sometimes it's picture frames, sometimes home dec. items. Keep an eye on their sales and you can get good deals. I've also found good quality quilt fabric there.
    Thimble and Thread

The MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW about Hobby Lobby is that they post a 40% coupon online each day...but it is only good for one day...you have to get a new one each day. Never go to HB without your coupon....it is only good on one thing, but 40% off a bag of batting is not bad!
    Michelle Guadarrama

I love Hobby Lobby! Michael's watch out! We had a KMart just close in Duluth and hear a Hobby Lobby is going in there. I can't wait!
    Sharyl Dailey

Blog Entries
    I like Hobby Lobby, they have a lot of nice things they're fabric is nice, not much of it, very nice yarn section. You will like it i think. Lots of gift things and party stuff, lots of frames. hope that helps
    Mary

I always enjoy going to Hobby Lobby even if I don't buy much. But I have to say there are good bargains there is you really look even if it isn't in the dept where you would look for something for instance, I bought some templates over in the drafting section and it was cheaper than in the quilting dept. my cutting board also I got alot cheaper in that dept too. so you really just have to look around in all depts to see what you can use instead of paying a higher price for the same thing. Also at hardware stores there are alot of good buys too.

I like Hobby Lonny fabric. If you have a smart phone, just google them and bring the 40% coupon up and show it to them and you get the discount.
    Mazda

I buy my white muslin there and it is cheaper and good quality - in Nashville, TN at least.

Blog Entries
    I went to their store for the first time while in Paducah and I was not impressed. However, it could have been because I shopped till I dropped at Hancock's, Elleanor Burns, and the quilt show. The closest store is 40 minutes from my house so I don't get to go on a regular basis.
    The Quilting Bear

Jim
    I love Hobby Lobby....have only had issues with one piece of fabric in 20 yrs...great prices with 30% off almost every week....glad we have 2 of them within 35 miles
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

HL has great home dec stuff. Also their quilting fabric is better quality than JA.

The Chattanooga, TN (Hamilton Place Mall) HL store is HUGE. We have a Joann's here too, and I'd say that HL has about the same amount of fabric as Joann's. Most of it is higher quality. Joann's does have sewing machines, though, and HL has few if any. HL has a colossal selection of other craft items as well, from jewelry-making to scrapbooking to painting to ... well, you get the idea. Their home decor items are very pretty, but from what I've seen, if you like a particular home decor item, you better buy it then because it's likely to be sold by the time you come back to get it.

Do print out the online coupon when they have them, and if your DH or a friend is going with you, give them a coupon as well. You'll have to pay separately, but both of you can get the 40% discount.

Do also watch when the cashier is ringing your merchandise up. Unless they've changed it VERY recently, their cash registers aren't computerized, and the cashier has to remember what's on sale. Sometimes they accidentally forget to take off the discount, but quickly fix it once it's brought to their attention.

They have some really cool furniture and gorgeous Christmas ornaments. (Definitely wait for a sale or a coupon on that type of stuff. Their regular prices can be ... pricey!)

BTW, Chattanooga has 3 stores within 30 minutes or so. The Hamilton Place Mall store, a store a few miles south in Dalton, GA, and another store a few miles north in Hixson, TN. Last time I was in the Dalton store, I wasn't impressed, but the other two are nice. Sometimes DH and I print out 4 coupons, and we hit both the Hamilton Place and the Hixson stores on a single trip, each of us using a coupon both times.

Blog Entries
    I wish we had a Hobby Lobby. I was in Ohio last weekend and it was the first time I had been in one. Lots of fabric and notions for quilting. I live in a town that doesn't have fabric at all. A Walmart was built a few years ago. We were so excited thinking we were going to get fabric, but it didn't happen. We still have to drive at least 20 miles to get fabric and notions - 50 miles to a quilt store.

I think HL has better quality over all than JoAnn's. I have been so disappointed in Joann's lately. Just yesterday, I had a hard time finding a 2 1/2 yd piece of muslin at JoAnn's because there were all these 1 yd pieces rolled on the bolt. For what I was doing, I could use the multiple 1 yd pieces, but I wasn't going to pay full price for them and they wouldn't give me a remnant price. Yes, I was being a turkey!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

We have a Hobby Lobby in our area. I have to confess I've never bought any fabric but have bought batting. They sell it by the yard from a round bolt. Just remember that they're closed on Sunday.

Wow, it sure wasn't that when I worked there. HL has different size fabric departments. The one I worked at had a huge fabric area, it was a nice selection. There were a variety of different fabrics and fabric quality also was varied. On Sunday you can look at the web site and get the current ad and coupon.

I LOVE Hobby Lobby! Weekly 40% off coupon which I use frequently. I have found the fabric to be excellent. Usually, quilting fabric is 30% off, Most regularly priced fabric in the $9.00 range. Has lots of other stuff too, which I love l love looking at. Frequent the clearance aisles, and always find lots of bargains. Yarn prices tend to be better at Michaels on sale. Not open on Sundays which is sometimes frustrating, but love the value of church, family, and a day of rest behind the policy. Lucky you that one is coming near you. Enjoy!!!!!

We have one in Jensen Beach area. I love it. Most times quality is good, about the same as JoAnn carries. The web site has coupons for 30-40 percent off. Fabric cutting employees are so polite and nice, much better than the overworked women at JoAnns. I like it better so far than any store around here for fabric.

I like Hobby Lobby. Our local one has a good deal of fabric, at least equal to Walmart, not as much as Joann's. Everything is good quality though. The prices are about comparable. Coupons make it nicer.

I like our Columbus, GA one. They have very nice people there. Was in Panama City last weekend and stopped in theirs. It had a lot of stuff and i was wanting a tinkerbell fabric. Had to wait for someone to come to the cutting table and she didn't ask how much i wanted. I was discussing with my sis how much i needed and a cut piece appeared next to me all folded with the ticket. The cutter didn't say a word, just walked off. i went ahead and got it. wasn't quite what i needed but was enough. I suppose I should have said something to the manager, but since I was trying to head home I didn't bother. But that was just one person, not the store. I'll still shop at ours.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3